My trio is bonded - but are they all happy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
Back story: First bun, sweetest thing ever born on earth, loves all animals and not a mean bone in his body; got him a girlfried about a year after I had him; she took over and he seemed pretty happy with the arrangement. Adopted/took in a 3rd bun that was cage aggressive from the bun shelter I volunteered at as the shelter closed and he was going to be shipped away to AZ. Worked with him for a year and he was just as I thought, sweet but would most likely always be a little wary of things. Took my 3 buns to get bonded by my friend that runs said shelter (shelter now at petco) and she easily bonded my 3. Brought them home and they seem ok EXCEPT at meal time. The 3rd bun always runs the other 2 off when food is put down (runs at them, growls, chases them off) then he eats and the other 2 will wait and then come eat. After all is said and done, they will be found laying next to and grooming each other. Its been 2 1/2 3 months and this behaviour is still going on.

Is there something I should be doing or just let them work it out? Feeling kinda bad as my first 2 never had to deal with aggressiveness and see them be submissive and unsure and then looking at me like "WTH"?

Insight to the dynamic of 3 appreciated.

Latest posts

Back