My Tans!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So happy!!

This past weekend I went BOS and BOSV Lilac!!! I also won BOSV with a 8 week old Chocolate buck...he looked amazing up there! I Think he's going to be gorgeous when he grows up just a little bit more.

I've got 3 more lilac babies up and coming that I think are even more beautiful than the ones that won this weekend. Also have some more great chocos and black babies that might possibly be ready in a month for heir first show. I don't expect the black kits to do well at that show but it would be nice to get a judge's comments.

I just had to share this picture. This is one of my Jr. bucks "Put a Bird on it" next to his new favorite toy! He's not standing up straight but he's such a pretty boy! Really looking forward to seeing him grow! :) ((Out of my very very favorite doe, Ringer!))

X5N9FFO.jpg

Oh my, I am so lucky that neither you or Sarah live anywhere near me, because I would be all over a tan. I love all the colors they come in but I think chocolate is my favorite. But black is so nice, the contrast between the red and black is so lovely.
I would love to have one! AH I want one SO bad.

I just love all these tans, have no particular preference, they are just such lovely looking bunnies. They just have that way of posing and same as Morgan, good job there´s no one anywhere near me cos I´m in lurrrve with them.

Oh my, I am so lucky that neither you or Sarah live anywhere near me, because I would be all over a tan. I love all the colors they come in but I think chocolate is my favorite. But black is so nice, the contrast between the red and black is so lovely.
I would love to have one! AH I want one SO bad.

They really are incredibly beautiful rabbits! When I was doing research on all of the breeds I knew that Tans were the breed for me as soon as I first saw the picture.

The chocolates are definitely my favorite too. Lilacs after that, then black then blue. I only have one blue doe at the moment with one newborn blue kit. :)

Have just been looking back as I missed part of it and those lilac ones are just beautiful. I don´t know now which I like best, they just have such a fantastic look and stance that they are one of my favourite breeds now.

If I was nearer, you´d be missing a couple of them lol.

The countdown has begun!

I currently have 7 (possibly 8, hard to tell with this doe) confirmed bred and they're all due some time between the 23rd and 28th. So excited. A few of them are first time mamas so I'll have to keep a careful eye on them, but I also have a few "old pro's" due at the same time as the newbies so hopefully there won't be too much of an issue with fostering. I've found Tans to be excellent mothers for the most part. :)

Good Luck! Our blue doe (Whiskey Jr) is a first timer and she did a very good job of making a nest, and I found two little blues in the back all covered up...she did good!

Good Luck! Our blue doe (Whiskey Jr) is a first timer and she did a very good job of making a nest, and I found two little blues in the back all covered up...she did good!

That's wonderful!!

My little Whiskey Jr. is still growing up and I can't wait for her to hit the show tables. She's got incredible type and movement but her color is a little light. Might deepen later. I think that paired with the right buck, she'll make some amazing kits :)

It's time for baaaaabies! I have 4 does due today, one kindled last night (with the picture below) and one kindled within the last couple of hours. Some time between when I checked on them before my husband and I went out for dinner and I immediately checked on them with we got back, hehe. Second doe didn't pull any fur though, so since it's going to be cold here in MI I may bring them in for the night if she doesn't pull any. One baby was pretty cold.

Here's a first look at Apple's litter (born 5/22):

OYqHCmN.jpg

Yay!! I see two blacks! Don't know about the other two I suck at tan colors haha

I guess chocolate but the bf guesses blue

Yay!! I see two blacks! Don't know about the other two I suck at tan colors haha

I guess chocolate but the bf guesses blue

I'm really bad at it too. I think it's chocolate. A blue would be really nice, but I really think it's a chocolate baby.

My other doe, McKinney's DrunkDial just had 4 kits today too! It was some time between when i checked on them just before my husband and I left to go out to dinner and the minute when we got home I checked on them. She didn't pull much fur so my husband and I pulled a bit from her (it came out so easily, barely attached) and they seem pretty warm. I think it might be another 4 blacks and 1 chocolate from DD. Hard to tell. I'll take pictures ad get a closer look at them tomorrow.

I have two more does due tonight (hopefully) and one due tomorrow.

Then two due Monday and one due Tuesday. I hope everything goes well, we'll be gone this weekend so I'm hoping our neighbor will be able to take care of them!

I'm really bad at it too. I think it's chocolate. A blue would be really nice, but I really think it's a chocolate baby.

My other doe, McKinney's DrunkDial just had 4 kits today too! It was some time between when i checked on them just before my husband and I left to go out to dinner and the minute when we got home I checked on them. She didn't pull much fur so my husband and I pulled a bit from her (it came out so easily, barely attached) and they seem pretty warm. I think it might be another 4 blacks and 1 chocolate from DD. Hard to tell. I'll take pictures ad get a closer look at them tomorrow.

I have two more does due tonight (hopefully) and one due tomorrow.

Then two due Monday and one due Tuesday. I hope everything goes well, we'll be gone this weekend so I'm hoping our neighbor will be able to take care of them!

It looks like two blacks and two chocolates to me.

Latest posts

Back