My Tans!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DharmaBuns

Reaction score
I figured that I'd make a thread to showcase some of my Tans. They are currently my only breed, but I am planning on picking up some black and fawn Silvers at Convention in October.

Here's my first lilac doe. I think she's got fairly nice coloring and I like her nice wide chest! I'm still new at trying to figure out if they're really nice or not, so I'll have to wait to see what some judges say!

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

3 Week Chocolate Kit: (Again, not sure how nice she looks)

DSCN0756.jpg

2 chocolates and 3 lilacs in the nestbox!

DSCN0768.jpg

They are so cute! Love the picture of the ones in the nest box. They're so little!! Now no more pictures or you'll have me looking for one to call my own. lol

lol wendy. Very cute Elizabeth! I agree I like her wide chest and nice clean face markings. The choco baby is just that a baby lol. I try to look at type when they are that young but they will change by their junior years so I just make sure they know how to hop along a table. Looking at color that young does no good as it will change when they get older and as they molt.

you will keep up with this thread with new pictures wont you?! :D

Took a few pictures of my not-quite-two-weeks old black kits. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these babies develop. I haven't been lucky with getting any black Tans, just chocolate and lilac (which are my two favorites so I suppose I can't complain) so I'm incredibly happy to have these little guys.

One of my does had EIGHT live kits and the next day the other one had three. I knew that the second doe could definitely take on more so I gave her two kits to foster. The first doe with six kits had done a wonderful job raising so many, especially since this is her first time. Her kits are the FATTEST little babies I've ever seen. They are like tiny little grapefruits. Just love 'em!

TgbVZ.jpg

45fHK.jpg

KVYsk.jpg

I think chocolate tans are some of the most beautiful rabbits in the world (besides my own rabbit of course, lol) :inlove: I would love to have one someday, but there are no breeders around me or any up for adoption. *Sigh* I hear they're really high-strung and energetic. Is that true?

they can be especially the younger ones. As they hit 1.5 to 2 yrs they calm down.

Jodi Hartman is in New York and she has gorgeous Chocolates!

woahlookitsme wrote:
they can be especially the younger ones. As they hit 1.5 to 2 yrs they calm down.

Jodi Hartman is in New York and she has gorgeous Chocolates!
Tesla turns 2 on Saturday, I am still waiting on this 'calming down' I have heard about. Kraken is calmer, but he has always been calmer than Tesla.

High strung and energetic is the fun part about tans :). It's awesome to watch them run around and binky for hours at a time.
Not having breeders around you can be worked around. My guys came from like 1200km away or something like that. I had a local breeder friend transport them up from a show.

Ok So hopefully these pictures aren't as big. I forgot to go back and edit those old ones. Oops!

Here are a few pictures of my younger 3 week old lilac/chocolate kits!

DSCN0883.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

DSCN0886.jpg

Latest posts

Back