my special rabbit Dobby (pic heavy) - RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itchyrat

Itchy
Reaction score
I have a very special rabbit at home, my little Dobby, with the looks that only her mommy can love

she is born out of a litter of 9 kits from normal parents, and all of her siblings had their fathers long fur (lion head)
but this little girl stood out a bit, and nobody wanted "the rat" so I took her in since there was a threat of putting her to sleep, and well, I'm loving it all, she is such a character, and a very bossy lady who knows what she wants and when she wants it :p

o9qe.jpg
uah6.jpg
9smc.jpg

ljwd.jpg

I've always wondered what my buns looked like under all that fur! So glad she has you taking good care of her (love the sweater!). Thanks for sharing the story of your sweet girl!

Aaawwww she's adorable and is very lucky to have you in her life! Thanks for sharing. I'm interested in all things bunny and have never seen r heard of a hairless bun and it's not something that ever crossed my mind.

as far as I know she is the only hairless rabbit in the country (sweden)
and she gets alot of attention out on walks :p

Welcome to the forum.
We had another member that had a rabbit born bald. You should take a read of her topics :)
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f14/hairless-english-lop-63500/
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f14/update-pinky-64615/

How old is Dobby?
Have you determined if being bald is the result of a genetic anomaly or caused by underlying health issues like thyroid, etc?

And just a note about the User title you have listed for yourself.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f39/announcement-names-profiles-71969/

thank you for welcoming me to the forum :)

Dobby is 5 months old in a couple of days, and her hairlessness is due to a spontaneous genetic mutation, and my vet has so far, not found anything out of the ordinary on her tests, but we are going to do another blood test when she reaches 6 months, just to be sure

otherwise she is just like any other rabbit, full of mischief and life, and she puts up a fight every night when its time to put her cream on :p

and yes, she got her name from Harry Potter ;)
she looks like a Dobby, so the name suits her perfectly

Awwww! Bless you for taking Dobby & giving her a wonderful life when others might see her as a less than perfect bun! I've always felt that any living creature (well, except bugs! lol) should be given every opportunity to have a good life, perfect or imperfect in our human eyes. Beauty comes from within & Dobby evidently has a beautiful bunny spirit within so to me while she may not be furry like other bunnies she is beautiful in her own way! Wow! Congratulations to Dobby for her second place & blue ribbon with her jumping class!!!! Way to go, Dobby! Oh, welcome to you & Dobby! RO is my online bunny home! Everyone is so friendly & helpful! I've learned so much here as a first time bunny mom! Hope you & Dobby will make yourselves at home! I think you & Dobby have allot to share with every bun!

You know whats weird? You never really think about what rabbit feet look like under the fur! But rabbits have weird little feets! But a plus side to no fur is you can always see when their names need to trimmed. :)

Congrats to Dobby on her second place ribbon!

I also think that every animal (except spiders) have a right to live, and why put an animal to sleep because they look a bit odd, it's like killing your child because he/she had brown eyes in stead of blue :/

she has such a spirit, and really loves life, even though she should be dead by statistics given to me by my vet (most hairless rabbits born from a normal litter don't make it past 11 weeks)
and my goal with her future jumping career is to educate people a bit about having a special needs bunny, and to show everyone that even though she's not perfect, she is just like any other rabbit, and can do the same activities (which most people seem to not understand)
I got many questions about that today at the jumping class (first timers there)

and yeah, I guess her feet look a bit odd :p

Oh she's so cute! Thank you for taking her in. I was wondering myself what bunnies look like under all that fur. Definitely looks weird but cute at the same time. I love her sweater! Congrats on that blue ribbon. :)

I feel a bit proud of myself :p
I got a genius idea...I have a bunch of old sweatshirts which are either broken or the wrong size, I just cut the end of the sleeves off and folded the end a bit to make a collar

and Dobby didn't seem to unhappy to wear it
img-4707jpg.jpg

Latest posts

Back