My singleton

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kr

Reaction score
Just had to share...my doe was due on Thursday the 12th and started labor at 11:40am that day. She was a first timer but made a beautiful nest and pulled a lot of hair. After a few straining/pushing she had one kit and then started the same thing again assuming she would have the rest of the babies soon after or at least within 30 minutes. She did not and after an hour of straining nothing was happening. I started to get worried. I was able to talk to some breeders who reassured me that does can have babies over a span of hours but to just get her some tums and give half a tablet so I did. After 9 hours of hard labor she had 3 more kits, all DOA. She was exhausted and rightly so.

So now she is back to normal and an awesome mom!! I think she gets in the nestbox to feed that baby about 6 times a day, she's always in there it seems. Baby is doing great, getting plump and this morning it looks like he/she is getting more hair. :)

This was taken yesterday morning...

i-8xD9XnS-M.jpg

i-GCSV88d-M.jpg

That is a purty nest. :D Congrats and I'm glad the mom is okay
DH and their eyeliner eyes. I love them.

Congrats! Dwarf Hotots are really fantastic-looking rabbits.

Look at that booty definition! That baby is going to make heads turn before long. ;)

That little baby looks lovely and plump. Congrats. I had a singleton born today as well (two siblings born dead) I never had a doe to just raise one so it's lovely to hear it can actually work out ok.

Love their eyeliner also! Congrats on your singleton. Sounds like she's being a super attentive mama. Can't wait for more photo updates as s/he grows up.

Yes, awesome booty for sure. :)

Thanks you guys! Here's the baby this morning. Getting some hair...yay!! Yes this one does have a big HQ, legs are far apart and hocks straight when you turn the baby over. Of course I'm sure every baby looks like this, I think.

i-B8CJbxd-M.jpg

i-XQTJg3H-M.jpg

Hope he/she gets the big hq/body from dad and head from mom.;) Although both parents are tiny, barely 2 pounds and have tiny ears.:D

Just wanted to share a few more of my growing baby! Little stinker sleeps on it's back *all* the time.:sleep:

i-ztbd5cT-M.jpg

i-qgNX4Jt-M.jpg

Chunky monkey!!!

i-nxvDSQS-M.jpg

i-JVJCM2K-M.jpg

i-NVk4Cqw-M.jpg

my daughter was looking over my shoulder, and told me, "that bunny is cute! and little! i like that baby bunny. i want to get it. we get that baby bunny, mommy?"

it is wicked cute! i just want to kiss that little baby nose!

Awe!! dragynflye, You aren't that far from me, I'll be having a baby boom in 2 weeks....;-) Thanks for the comments girls, I think Hans Solo is a cute name, although my daughter suggested Fredereeka...ROFL!! I don't think so but we'll see.

Latest posts

Back