my set up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
We have 3 rabbit sheds and 1 storage shed where I keep my travel boxes and feed etc.

DSC03718.jpg

This is my newest shed

DSC03719.jpg

and my 2 older sheds

DSC03720.jpg

This is the inside of my new shed we have 25 hutches in this shed

DSC03721.jpg

this is teh other side (sorry its a bit of a mess we are still finishing it off) it has storage under our table which is the same height as the show tables over here for posing the rabbits ( we dont put ours in boxes at shows)

DSC03722.jpg

DSC03723.jpg

This is my oldest shed which most of the hutches have been converted for the beverens so we used to have 24 hutches in but now we have (at the moment) 6 beveren sized hutches, 2 that are going to be converted to bevern sized hutches but has my dutch in just now and 9 nethie hutches which could be converted to 3 beveren hutches if needed.

DSC03724.jpg

DSC03726.jpg

You can just about see in the lower hutch Chewie strecthed full length with plenty of space to spare.

DSC03727.jpg

DSC03725.jpg

and this is the girls shed we have 18 hutches in here all nethies. any pregnant does are in this shed.

Belle wanted her picture taken Lol

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03729.jpg

hutches are down the left hadn side on the right I have a grooming table, storage under it. a box to pop the buns and babies in while cleaning them (nethies dont understand edges and tend to walk off the edge of table when they are little! learn by experience and all that :p) then a lionod bit with sink hot and cold water, fridge underneath cupboard and storage at end for sadust/ feed whatever its used for at time Lol

DSC03730.jpg

DSC03731.jpg

This is our starge bit inbetween the 2 older sheds. We keep our hay sawdust in here. ( the piece of wood is what we use to block off the girls shed when Sully is out for a run he thinks he is a right lothario lol)

DSC03732.jpg

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 'Bad Stumpy'. That's really made my night.

I know this is about your set up, but I couldn't not say anything.

I'm going to be sniggering about that for ever now, in a similar way to how I snigger about Santa Opi.

Thanks Guys, I forgot Bruce had put bad stumpy up lmao. Just so you all know the reason he has that up is that he is now just over 3 months very hormonal and he bit Bruce (he was indoors with Lucy) so Bruce put him out to the shed till we can get him neutered and partnered back to Lucy and put bad up because he had bitten him lol.

Rosie its chalk board paint :) its a fab idea so everyone can see who we are talking about and also in the girls shed we have it up above the hutches for due dates for litters :)

maherwoman wrote:
What a fantastic idea! I think I might wind up adopting that for our buns. Does it come in a marker, or do you have to use a brush?
Wait, I read that wrong...you mean that you painted something like plywood with chalkboard paint, right? And then used actual chalk to write their names?

I'm so silly...how did I misread that? LOL!!

maherwoman wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
What a fantastic idea! I think I might wind up adopting that for our buns. Does it come in a marker, or do you have to use a brush?
Wait, I read that wrong...you mean that you painted something like plywood with chalkboard paint, right? And then used actual chalk to write their names?

I'm so silly...how did I misread that? LOL!!

rofl Rosie yep paint it on then get chalk just dont do what I first did and try those chalk pens they are a nightmare to get off just stick to good old fashioned normal chalk Lol.

You really need to paint about 3 layers of teh chalkboard paint on and sand in between to get a good coverage that lasts :)

Thanks very much Northern Autmn :D I am really proud of my set up especially as Bruce did all the work from putting the sheds up to custom making all the hutches. Most breeders buy their shed then buy blocks of hutches seperately. But it looks so much nicer having them built in and you don't lose room or have so much dust collecting bits in it :)

I have had a lot of lovely comments from people who have bought rabbits from me as well which is good :)

God your buns live in bliss that is such a nice set up and so well kept, It doesn't matter what the rest of the place is like as long as the cages are spotless witch is what they are.

Latest posts

Back