My rabbit's right ear has been droopy (on and off) for like 5 days. Is that normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinnamon-but123

Reaction score
I own a Cinnamon who I rescued from my backyard and for the most of the past few days, its right ear is drooping.

Cause for concern?

P.S : WE took it to a shitty government vet hospital like 2 days ago and the vet held my rabbit by the ears while checking it (the vet wasnt very useful and told us that its ears droop all the time and that its normal)

Hi,

that can really be normal. Is something else off, like moving less, eating not much, not comming for a treat or anything else unusual?
Did it get warmer lately where you live?

Pictures would help, it's impossible to say much about "droopy ear" alone.

Hi,

that can really be normal. Is something else off, like moving less, eating not much, not comming for a treat or anything else unusual?
Did it get warmer lately where you live?

Pictures would help, it's impossible to say much about "droopy ear" alone.
Well we keep the rabbit in our front yard and we live in an Arab country, so.......
(we keep her outside cause we all in the house are allergic)

That's not a Cinnamon. Ears can droop perfectly normal. Some rabbits have stronger cartilage at the ear base than others.

If that is the only thing that worries you, I wouldn't see a reason.

If there are no abnormal lumps or heat indicating an abscess around the base of the ear, if there is no pus or a bad smell coming from the ear canal, if your rabbit isn't abnormally and excessively shaking it's head and trying to scratch at the ear(also causing thinning fur at the base of the ear, if your rabbit isn't losing it's balance and showing signs of being unsteady, and if your rabbit is eating, drinking, pooping, urinating, and behaving normally otherwise, I would think that the floppy ear is a normal thing for your rabbit and not an indication of a health problem.

Medirabbit: ear infection clinical signs and treatment

Hi,
It looks like a lop eared rabbit. I have a look eared rabbit, when he was little both ears stood up. Slowly they started to droop. One ear started first. I, too, thought there was something wrong. But it is perfectly normal if everything about your bunny seems fine.

Latest posts

Back