My Rabbits and Ramblings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, thanks for all your nice comments, and for thinking about us :hug1

I haven't been around much lately, and I'm really sorry about that. Things have been rough since the start of the year. To cut a long story short - firstly, John took ill at work and they thought he was having a heart attack. He was taken to hospital and they did all kinds of tests. Luckily, it wasn't a heart attack, but they discovered he has high cholesterol and may have angina (both run in his family). So, he has had tests at a cardiologist and gets the results at the end of the month. He was off work for 3 weeks, and he was like a bear with a sore head. He desperately wanted to go back, and spent his time tidying up - which basically means he was throwing out MY things which he thought I couldn't possibly want any more :grumpy:. I had to keep going through the rubbish to save things. I don't know who was happier when he got back to work.

Then, the week before Easter, my oldest brother passed away, less than 2 weeks before his 64th birthday. He hadn't been ill or anything - he just died in his sleep. A massive clot went to his heart, and he wouldn't have known anything about it - lucky for him, but awful for the rest of us. Of course, he still lived in the UK, and I couldn't get back for the funeral, which makes me feel even worse.

So, we are still trying to get back on track. On a positive note, the bunnies are doing great (though I think they got a bit fed up of me using their 'shoulders' to cry on). They seem to have excess energy these days. I don't know if it's because 'Spring is in the air' or because I've had to change the pellets they eat (apparently, Zupreem Nature's Choice are discontinued, so they are now on Oxvow). Even Georgia is bombing around like a young 'un, and she will be 7 years old soon.

Oh, and even more suprising - Jester has decided to be friends with Georgia :shock: (he still hates Shadow, though). I never thought he would take to another rabbit, especially as he doesn't even get along with Stan's Pebbles or Bebe. But Georgia is probably the most submissive bunny in the World, and they now groom each other and play together. She is still Shadow's partner, but we let her and Jester play together for an hour or so, and both seem happy with that. And Shadow is such a gentleman, that he doesn't even care that Georgia comes back to him smelling of Jester ;).

So I have a few photos to share :). First, Shadow and Georgia.

DSCN2416-1.jpg

Georgia giving a very happy Shadow a grooming

And Love is .... sharing a litter box :nod

DSCN2420.jpg

DSCN2421.jpg

And Jester and Georgia

DSCN2431.jpg

Georgia now makes Jester happy with a groom :)

DSCN2432.jpg

See, Jester, not all other bunnies deserve having their nose chewed off ;)

I am going to try and catch up with what has been going on on the Forum, but I guess it'll take time, so I apologise for not replying to all your posts etc.

Thanks again, and I hope everyone and everybun is doing OK

Jan

Gosh Jan you have had a bit going on in your life...i'm glad to hear that John is doing well and back to work.

And i'm sorry to hear about your brother..how devestating.

I loved the pictures and just so glad to hear that they are all happy little bunnies.

Well, it was Georgia's first 'gotcha' day yesterday

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=47444&forum_id=1&jump_to=786545#p786545

I am putting a couple of pictures here, and also some recent ones of them in the garden.

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

And some more 'natural' ones of her ..

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Shadow on the deck.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Jester, exploring the flower bed ..

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Things are OK here for the moment. John got the 'all clear,' about his heart, but they still don't know what caused it! I have been on medication for various things, one was a cream that caused my face to 'burn' and the skin peeled off, like bad sunburn. Just about healed up now though - I've just got a 'healthy glow' :biggrin:

Bunnies are doing great. I am taking Georgia for a check up in the near future, but she is doing great for 'an oldie' (nearly 7 years now). Jester is still a ball of energy, and Shadow is his usual, laid-back, lovey self :)

Jan

Took Georgia to the vet today for her check up. All is good :). Her weight is steady (2.46 kg/ 5.4 lbs), teeth etc all good, especially for an 'older' bun! The lump has not changed at all, and Dr Steele thinks it could be scar tissue from her spay. It may also be the reason she still has a poopy butt most days. Georgia was very well behaved, but is giving me the 'butt' now we are home ;)

Jan

Hey Jan, I just reread your blog. Your Bunnies are just the cutest.

I'm so sorry you lost your Brother and that Hubby was sick. Glad to hear he's feeling better.

Are you still working at the Nursing Home? Can you believe I have yet to find a job. It's so difficult here to find work.

Hey I really like the green litter box that you had in some of the pictures from 2009, do you remember where you picked it up? I like that it's low in the front, that would be good for some of my "Senior" Buns.

I look forward to more pictures.

Susan
:coolness:

Hi Susan, thanks for replying :)

Yes, I'm still at the Seniors home, and still liking it, though we have lost some of our lovely residents lately :(. Perhaps you should move out here and get a job ;)

The green 'litter box' we actually brought over from the UK, but we got it in a garden centre. It is meant for plants, or something , so they may have them in Canada too. It is a great size, and the higher back end is a big help for Shadow, as his bum is higher up when he pees :D

Your updated gotchya days and yard photos have definitely brightened my day!
Thank you as always, for such heart warming stories -you know...in both your buns lives and yours xo
cher

We had visitors last night. Our neighbour came around with her daughter and 2 grandchildren (I think they are 3 and 6 years old). They had been digging lettuce and other salad things out of their garden, and brought some around for the bunnies.

They met Jester first, who let them pet him for a bit, then he got bored and disappeared :rollseyes. So we brought out Shadow and Georgia, much to the pleasure of the kids, who kept plying them with lettuce (Shadow was soooo happy :D). The little girl, the older one, took a real liking to Shadow, and he was so good with her. They stayed over an hour.

About an hour later, there was a knock at the door, and it was the little girl. She had drawn pictures of the 3 bunnies (they were really cute, and she even added Jesters' markings), and her mom said all she kept talking about was how much she loved Shadow :love:.

I love my bunnies, and I' so proud of them :inlove:

Jan

Awe Jan... I'm sorry I missed your post about such a sweet time with the kids and the bunners. I bet the bunnies were excited they had someone new to train in the "feed me" process.

How nice of the little girl to bring a picture of the bunnies back so soon after leaving. Are you able to scan it into your computer to post here? The bunnies must have made a big impression on her. Good thing they were on their bestest behavior. ;)

How are all of your babies doing? Any new stories and/or pictures? You must have taken some nice pics of your bunnies playing in the gardenby now. :biggrin2:

Thanks for your reply, Janet. I never thought about scanning the drawing - I may give it a try.

No recent pics of the buns in the garden - been a bit hot for them. But .......

Today is Jesters' 2nd Gotcha Day :biggrin:

Had a heck of a job trying to get his photo, so only one decent one of the Birthday Bun. All buns will get the obligatory stawberries and 'nana :D

2ndGotcha004.jpg

Then, he decided he'd had enough and first, we got the Butt

2ndGotcha006.jpg

Then he made off for his tunnel :rollseyes

2ndGotcha005.jpg

Happy Birthday, my little Jester Bun. You are a constant source of entertainment, and we love you :)

Jan

:party::party:Happy Gotcha Day #2! :party::party:

Two whole years of cuddling Jester. No singed whiskers (candles) this year? Carolyn was asking what kind of cake is that.

:balloons::balloons:Happy Gotcha Day Jester!!! :balloons::balloons:

Hope you had everything you like served to you with extra love. :bunnyheart

myheart

happy belated gotcha day, jester! he has such pretty fur/markings! i went through your blog and all of your bunnies are so beautiful!

Jan,

Do you have a new Blog for your Bunnies?:inlove::inlove::inlove:

If not you must update SOON. :biggrin2:

I looked but couldn't find it.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back