My Rabbits and Ramblings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope all is well with Shadow and Georgia. I hope they are keeping each other somewhat perky and feeling OK!

I can't wait to see Jester's photo! I miss pictures of all your babies!

LuvaBun wrote:
and being upset over the loss of several bunnies I consider 'friends',
Thanks for all your nice comments. Janet, I have some snuggle bunnies photos, but they're on the other computer, so I'll have to add them later on.
I hope these 'fiends' aren't Stan's

Things are a bit up and down. Georgia is no longer poopy in the morning, but is now bad in the afternoon, usually when she is in my room :grumpy:.
Ekkk. Georgia seems to like to give you a hard time. lol You'll never know when poopy butt will start :p

Shadow isn't too good at the moment :(. He isn't eating properly, which is very strange with Shadow - he lives to eat!
I hope Shadow feels better soon.

Jester is great. I took him to a local Mall on Wednesday, to have his photo taken with Santa :p.
I can't wait to see Jester with Santa

So that's what's happening here in cold (minus 30 today) Edmonton. Thanks for looking at my blog, and please keep Shadow in your thoughts.
Only -30?? That's nothing. The past few day's it's been -35 :(
Jan

:pray: Sending tons of prayers and good vibes for Shadow to get better. It is a relief to hear that he is eating something. Is his output okay? Maybe a little bene-bac could make his tummy feel better. I am a firm believer in the stuff--- if the simethicone doesn't work, I start up with the bene-bac to make tummy flora all better. Between the two, I end up with bouncy bunnies usually within two hours of treatment. ;)

myheart

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
LuvaBun wrote:
and being upset over the loss of several bunnies I consider 'friends',
Thanks for all your nice comments. Janet, I have some snuggle bunnies photos, but they're on the other computer, so I'll have to add them later on.
I hope these 'fiends' aren't Stan's
Jester is great. I took him to a local Mall on Wednesday, to have his photo taken with Santa :p.
I can't wait to see Jester with Santa
So that's what's happening here in cold (minus 30 today) Edmonton. Thanks for looking at my blog, and please keep Shadow in your thoughts.
Only -30?? That's nothing. The past few day's it's been -35 :(
Jan

My bunnies are fine. Pebbles is alittle underweight as she will not eat her hay and pellets. She did acquire a refined and expensive taste for Critical Care, so she expects it in her bowl at meal time. :grumpy: I am feeding Critical Care to one of my foster bunnies too.

I've been to three locations in the city, helping with the Santa Pictures for the Humane Society. But I didn't get any photos of my bunnies yet. ;)

This morning our temp went down to -38C (-36.4F) the coldest in North America at that moment. Not sure what the wind chill was. My cargo van wouldn't start this morning, so I took my mini van to work instead.

Pet_Bunny wrote
This morning our temp went down to -38C (-36.4F) the coldest in North America at that moment. Not sure what the wind chill was. My cargo van wouldn't start this morning, so I took my mini van to work instead.
On the news last night it said we had gotten as low as -46 WITHOUT wind chill :shock:. Apparently we were the 2nd coldest place in the world - after Siberia!!! My garage door froze shut, and my hand stuck to the bid feeder when I was filling it!

Thanks for the wishes for Shadow. Unfortunately, there's been no change, and he is fighting taking the Critical Care. He gave John a real bad nosebleed last night as he jumped up (John was holding him) and his nail scratched inside John's nose. I didn't help matters by yelling "Don't bleed on the Bunny" ;). We have an emergency appointment with Dr Steele this afternoon. He will still eat veggies, but only a few pieces of hay if I hand feed them to him, and no pellets at all. His poops are way smaller than usual, and his pee was quite orange until this morning, but that could be due to him eating carrots.

On top of everything else, yesterday we had sewage coming up into our basement. I called the County, and they came early this morning, and have just left, saying they can't do any more (it's not fixed) and that they are going to get their foreman to phone us within the hour. I am NOT a happy bunny. We can't put any water down the sinks or flush the loo yet, and the carpet and underlay in the basement is ruined. I am waiti8ng for the 3rd 'thing' to go wrong :pullhair:

So, I still haven't got access to the photos, but I promise I will :p.

Jan

Hope nothing else happened to you yesterday. Did you get Shadow in to see Dr. Steele?

I heard it was -46.1 C (-51F) and with the windchill it was -59C. :bunnydance:
Yeah, one of the springs on our garage door snapped from the cold but we are still able to open the door.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
NEED PHOTO's!
Your wish is my command :biggrin2: (well, Jester's photo, at least)

IMG.jpg

Stan, I did get to see Dr Steele. She checked Shadow, and said that he wasn't as sore as before, but his nose was slightly damp, and she wondered if his Pasturella was flaring up. He got some Novotrimel antibiotics to take - they worked well when he had the head tilt. I am very happy to say that he has been much brighter today, and has actually eaten a few pellets and a craisin :)

Something else did happen yesterday. I just got back from the vet - it took me 3 times as long to get home as there were a lot of minor car accidents due to the weather. I just got in to the house when I got a phone call. A man asked to speak to me, and said that he had my wallet. As I had been putting Shadow in the car, my wallet had dropped by the car and I didn't even realise. He worked in the place next door and found it, and guessed i'd been to the vet, and went and got my phone number from them. How lucky was that? He was so honest - all my bank cards, drivers license eetc were in my wallet. He left it at the vet for me to pick up today :)

Jan

First let me thank you for the deposit on the photo request. Very cute picture with Santa. When I had a couple of the buns pictures taken with Santa, Santa looked more afraid of the bunny's then the bunny's did of Santa.

That is great that a honest person found your wallet and contacted you. That could have been one nasty situation.

Well, yesterday was Shadow's 3rd 'Gotcha' day - seems like no time since he came into our lives.

Of course, there was balloons, hats, cake (for John and me ;)), and Shadow got a bowl of chopped up strawberries and banana.
NewYear2009IceonWhyte051-400.jpg

NewYear2009IceonWhyte052-400.jpg

NewYear2009IceonWhyte059-400.jpg

NewYear2009IceonWhyte063-400.jpg

NewYear2009IceonWhyte060-400.jpg

I love you, my big, gorgeous black bunny. You are very special to me, and I hope we have many more gotcha's :)

Jan

:balloons::balloons:Happy Gotcha Day Shadow!!!:balloons::balloons:

Sounds like nanas and strawberries fit the bill just right for your little man. Hope he had a great day!!!

myheart

Has it REALLY been three years? Wow....time sure goes by fast - I remember when you first got Shadow.

Happy belated Gotcha Day to your whole family!

Thanks everyone :).

Yes, Shadow made quick work of his birthday treats - of course, Jester and Georgia had some too! Then, this morning, Shadow decided that 3 am was a good time to wake mommy up to play :grumpy:

Peg, I know - the 3 years has gone by so fast - I'm just happy that Shadow now has a little girl to snuggle him :)

Stan, we blew out the candle, just in case of singed fur ;)

Talking of singed fur! Jester's whiskers on one side were all crinkley, like they had been burned. He had no injuries, and was fine, so we were at a loss as to why they were like that. However, when John went to turn on the bedside light in the basement, it didn't work. Jester had chewed through the wire of it and also the electric alarm clock, right down to the copper wire:shock:. How he didn't do more harm to himself, goodness knows. I'm amazed he could get to the wire in the first place, as it's in a very tight spot, but we all know how determined a bunny can be when they want to do something they shouldn't. John is now calling him 'Singe':foreheadsmack:.

Other than that, all is well. Georgia has days when she is clean, then goes through a spell of being very poopy. She and Shadow are just so snuggly together, and she is such a happy little girl.

I haven't been around the Forum as much as I'd like, but hopefully I will try and visit more often - I miss everyone!

Jan

Great start to a blog! Poor Shadow! Truffle came to me after being rescued from a similar situation. His sister died of starvation and he had eating issues too. He would panic and/or get angry if his food hopper was empty or even if he could see the bottom, and wasn't at all interested in hay. I knew that had to change, so I let him have his way till he seemed settled in. Then I would let the hopper get low for a little or until he demanded a fill, and stretched out the time between fillings gradually. The most effective change was when I got him a buddy, Dart, and Dart introduced him to the yumminess of grass. Cutting back pellets got much easier after that and now if he is out of pellets, he just hops to the hay.

Truffle had also been left in a never cleaned cage, so he has litter box issues too. He MUST have one, period! I've never let it get nasty, but I'd bet that would be unacceptable. Hehee, also, nothing but litter is to be in the litter box. Toys, hay, anything else will be angrily shoved out. I wonder if the urine burns are what cause his little but to be furred differently from the rest of him?

Thanks for the great pics and story,
Sharon

Latest posts

Back