My Rabbits and Ramblings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is Georgia doing today? Did you take her in for a recheck with Dr. Steele?

What are you doing to keep Shadow and Jester cool these days? We are going to have the hottest temperatures of the year this weekend. I hate to be outside, butmy wife wants to go to Capital Ex tomorrow.

Georgia is doing GREAT :). She uses her litter box more now, & though still poops everywhere, she only occasionally pees (usually near Shadow's area:p). I am taking her to see Dr Steele on Monday.

I know, it's soooo hot. I take all 3 to the basement as much as I can during the day - it's a lot cooler down there, and they all seem to like it. At night, I give them each a frozen water bottle. Jester and Georgia don't seem so bad, but Shadow, being bigger, tends to get hot very quickly.

This morning, I came upstairs and found Shadow and Georgia laying next to each other, grooming :). I can't believe how well Shadow has learned to groom gently! However, Jester managed to get upstairs this afternoon, and had a fight with Shadow ( I was getting the basement ready for them, and he sneaked past me :pssd:). Lots of fur everywhere. They are all cooling off now downstairs.

I went to Capital Ex on Tuesday - thoroughly enjoyed it! And .... I won a bunny (not a real one ;)) I am going to post a picture when I get around to uploading it. Make sure you take plenty of sunscreen - it's hot waiting in line!

Jan

Going back over your pictures, I just have to say that I love the pictures of Shadow and the Magpie. They both have priceless looks on their faces! :)

kherrmann3 wrote:
Going back over your pictures, I just have to say that I love the pictures of Shadow and the Magpie. They both have priceless looks on their faces! :)
Thanks, Kelly. I kept a close eye on them, as I thought the adult magpie might 'divebomb' Shadow, but somehow it knew he wasn't a threat (not sure what it would have done if it had been Jester though - he chases birds :rollseyes)

Last night was so hot, and we don't have air conditioning. So, all bunnies got to sleep in the basement (it's a LOT cooler down there). Jester and Georgia were in cages next to each other, and Shadow was free range. The floor is concrete under the carpet, so we pulled half the carpet back so they could lay on the concrete if they wanted. It seemed to go well.

This morning, while we were cleaning them, Jester managed to get into Georgia's cage :shock:. (He can get through the tiniest spaces). Knowing what a brute he can be to Shadow, I feared the worse, but, after an initial fur pull, he was OK, which amazed me. Still got him out quickly though, just in case. Perhaps it's because she is so submissive, whereas Shadow sticks up for himself.

As it's going to remain hot for the near future, they will be down there most of the time. There is a bed, settee, TV, coffee table and bathroom down there, so John and I will probably be joining them :)

Jan

Yep, thank goodness for the basement - I think we would have melted by now without it. I wish it would cool down enough so i could take the bunnies in the garden :expressionless.

Took Georgia for her check-up today, and it is all good :). She has lost a little more weight (she's now 2.51 kg, down from 2.94 kg when we got her). Dr Steele said she was so much better - less gassy, so she could feel the lump easier. It hasn't changed at all, and she says it could even be a little ovary left, or scar tissue, from her spay. Either way, it's not causing her any discomfort or problems :).

It is nearly a year since we got Jester, so I am going to take him for a health check in the next week or two. Georgia doesn't have to go back for aother 6 weeks or so.

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Took Georgia for her check-up today, and it is all good :).
:bunnydance:

So happy Georgia is all good. Does she still have poopy butts?Did Jesterget more time withGeorgia? How is Shadow keeping cool in the basement?

You know, you can send them to our house ... we have air conditioning. ;)

Oh my gosh! How did I miss this blog of yours??

Gosh, Jan...they're so adorable and gorgeous!! I love all three of their colors...so pretty!

Jester's markings are really stunning...what a cutie!

And I love Georgia's agouti...she's so stunning!

And Shadow's beautiful solid black...wow, what a beauty!!

What a beautiful trio of sweethearts you have!

And I'm happy to hear that Georgia's doing so well! LITTERBOX USAGE!! YAY!!

HUGS!!!!

P.S. LOVE the Magpie pictures...Shadow's ears are so cute! She's so CURIOUS about that bird! Love it...:D

Thanks, guys :)

No new pics yet (sorry) but today is GOOD!!! For the first morning EVER, Georgia didn't have a poopy butt, there were no stray pee puddles and she had used her litter tray overnight :weee:.

Wednesday, Thursday and yesterday, she was really bad, covered in poop and squashed soft poo everywhere. I hadn't given her anything different, so didn't know why. However, last night I had forgotten to get parsley, which they normally get at bedtime, so I'm thinking (hoping) that that may have been causing the problem. I know Pernod couldn't eat Cilantro without getting a poopy butt. Soooo, we shall see how she is tomorrow.

Stan, forget about the bunnies coming to your house for the air conditioning - John and I will come instead :p

Jan

Jester's 1st Gotcha Day :)
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=49282&forum_id=1

Things are much the same here - don't seem to have enough hours in the day to get everything done that I want to do :expressionless.

Today, I took Jester to the vet for his annual check-up. It was the first time he's been to the vet, and he was such a good boy :). They all loved him, and gave him cuddles, and my lovely vet kept kissing his forehead :D. He is very fit and healthy, and in great shape :weee:. I asked her to look at one of his eyes, as he often closes it, especially when in sunlight. There is slight scarring on the eye itself, and his eyelid is very slightly disfigured (she turned the lights out and shone a torch into his eye, and that was the only way we could see it.) She said it was most likely done by being attacked as a baby, and shouldn't cause any problems. And although his teeth were fine, she said that in the future, it looks like a spur could grow on his back teeth:(. Other than that, though, he is one very fit little boy!

Shadow had a touch of gas the other night. I was a bit worried, but after 2 doses of Simethicone he was back to his normal self :). And ... there has been some serious snuggling with Georgia. As she is better at using the litter box now, she comes into the living room for an hour or so at night, and she and Shadow snuggle in front of the TV (much to Jester's disgust :p).

So, some snuggling photos :) (forgive the angle of some of them - I was laying on the floor, pretending I didn't have a camera pointed at them ;))

3bunnies032.jpg

3bunnies033.jpg

Some tongue action :biggrin2:

3bunnies035.jpg

3bunnies036.jpg

3bunnies038.jpg

Jan

Latest posts

Back