My Rabbit will only eat pellets and treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hat lasts quite a long time - no need to have all 6 pounds are finished before getting other hay. Grab a small bag of alternative hay at the local pet store, and see how he does on a mix of old and new. If he prefers the other hay, you can always sell your existing supply to another rabbit owner ;)

I was going crazy trying to get Sweetpea to eat something other then her favs; She would ONLY eat the stems of alfalfa and nothing more she would throw her dish across the room. She would get mad and NOT eating nothing for days.

I found a hay she loves!
http://tidyfeeder.com/?ref=dfl

I take baby steps with her; I'm using the weening one right now and its helping she is eating all her hay.

SweetPeasMom wrote:
I was going crazy trying to get Sweetpea to eat something other then her favs; She would ONLY eat the stems of alfalfa and nothing more she would throw her dish across the room. She would get mad and NOT eating nothing for days.

I found a hay she loves!
http://tidyfeeder.com/?ref=dfl

I take baby steps with her; I'm using the weening one right now and its helping she is eating all her hay.
I saw this hay too! I can't find any petstores that sell it around me and ordering online is in incredibly expensive :(.

petco has something similar - the sales lady showed it to me when she was confirming what I said about them being out of alfalfa. way too pricey for my liking, though - my rabbits would go through a box a day easily.

Stay vigilant! Your rabbits diet should be 90% hay! Most rabbits may turn away new foods the fist few times u serve it. Check your local House Rabbit Chapter for store hours. The San Diego one here has a bunny store that sells nice big boxes of hay for $12! It is a combo of timothy and other hays. As u know fruits are high in sugar and not a healthy choice of treat. I used to give Ziggy mango but now buy him special bunny crackers made from hay, and he loves them more than fruit now! I would be cautious of grass trimmings as well, any unseen mold can make him sick. Even the most stubborn bun will come around and break bad feeding habits, good luck!!

Latest posts

Back