My rabbit WILL not bite me.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your bunny is adorable! And well trained, lol. But you need more training by your bunny because it was begging you for a head scratching and didn't get one. If you send your bunny to me my bunnies can teach it how to better train humans! :bunny24

How adorable! Is he a netherland dwarf? I think it's great that he isn't biting you, however it seems as if he's a little annoyed? Be careful not to purposely annoy bunny too much - that could lead to some aggression

Last edited:
Cute bun! Love his color :)

I agree with thetwobunnies. He seems a bit annoyed. Lol. It looks to me like he was chewing some pellets which kept him from nipping. Do be careful! You don't want to encourage nipping as it can be a hard habit to break.

What a sweetie. How old?

Hmmmm.....watching that again and reading what the others said, ya he could be annoyed with you. Watch out for a chomp then. :)

He's a cutie for sure!

He was nudging your finger away though because he didn't like it. I agree that if his mouth wasn't full, the next step would surely have been a nip.

Just my two cents but some rabbits just like to bite and others don't.

Just like some dogs will bark all day long and other dogs rarely bark.

I think a rabbit that likes to bite can be trained to bite less often.

I just think you are just lucky to have a rabbit that doesn't like to bite.

What a cutie! I do this to my Buster all the time. I am very lucky he is a very sweet bunny and never nips or bites. He just chins or puts his head down waiting for pets... He only lets me do it though, anyone else he growls and charges at them. I guess I'm lucky. :bunny19

I'm not so sure that I would want to be doing this type of thing with my rabbits. I have 7 rabbits currently and have never been bit yet! I don't taunt them I bite me nor do I try I avoid it... If that makes any sense. I try not to leave my hands in front of them too long, but they will eat out of my hands as well with good results. They also have never tried biting.

I think that by doing what you do, is not a good idea. So what happens when the rabbits mouth isn't full and it does end up biting you, who will be the one at fault? You as the owner for basically inviter it to, or the rabbit for doing it?

My rabbit definitely would have taken that opportunity to chomp my finger.

Agree with the others that you should be careful!
I've always had the mindset that the rabbits don't bite for no reason. There IS, however, a fine line between doing it out of annoyance and doing it to be aggressive - the latter is definitely not OK, but if you're bugging them, shoving fingers in their face, poking them, etc, then they are within their rights to bite, I think!

And rabbit bites hurt bad!! They are not like cat bites!

Yeah the only time Harvey has really bitten me is right after I gave him some meds and he was mad oh so mad at me. So I didn't fault him that one. He wasn't feeling well and giving a rabbit oral medication is not fun.

He does do the nibble grooming on me which I find sweet.

Is it a good idea to put the food bowl in his litter pan? I don't have mine in the litter pan... just wondering what's best!

I know when they chomp sometimes they like to poop...

Some of us are in countries that block YouTube :( I don't know what was happening, bit I know I am on borrowed time, lol. My girl is so sweet but I bother her all the time and I bet she will just chomp me one day.

Latest posts

Back