My rabbit taught my cat to fetch!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorelei

Reaction score
I posted earlier about my guilt over my REW mix Sugar's confinement in the back room because my mother didn't want him in the main part of the house. Well, my mother moved in with my grandmother after my grandfather passed, so he now has full run of the house when I'm home, and gets hours of interaction every day!

The best part is, when it's time for him to go up in the evening, I just shake a bag of Craisins and he comes running from any room in the house, right back into his x-pen! It's a huge improvement from the former struggle to pick him up and carry him to the back room, and he's really grown to trust me, even jumping on my lap for the occasional snuggle.

He gets along beautifully with my cats, my younger Ragdoll in particular, and they're always grooming, playing, and sleeping together. In fact, a couple days ago Sugar was tossing his little plush carrot, Harry chased and brought it back, and Sugar did it AGAIN. And again. This went on for several minutes, with Harry retrieving it every time, until Sugar got bored and jumped onto the cat tree to bug my other Ragdoll, Percy (who finds him annoying and usually runs away when Sugar nudges him for attention).

No one can tell me that they weren't deliberately and interactively playing together...I've never seen anything like it. Has any else experienced interspecies bonding and interaction between their rabbit(s) and other household pets?

LOL @ No one can tell me that they weren't deliberately and interactively playing together.

I believe you!

That's pretty awesome! You are very lucky to experience that:). My cat and rabbit just lounge together at the moment but I am completely happy if that's all they ever do. The fact that they tolerate each other makes me happy:)

Too cute! My cat is terrified of my bunnies. She is also terrified of the cockatiel. So, no bonding there.

Haha, that's absolutely adorable. So glad they get along well together :)

Latest posts

Back