My rabbit suddenly stopped eating hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline5557

Reaction score
I’m really concerned because my rabbit is not eating her hay like normal but she is eating other things like greens and a little bit of pallets but not that much. I already researched and I’m wondering if she doesn’t like the hay anymore or maybe it’s moldy but I’m really worried because she’s not eating the abundant amount that she usually does. She also hasn’t pooped in 2 or 3 hours. Should I try a different kind or something else? I really don’t know what to do please help me!

20190921_122947.jpg
This is what moldy hay looks like. It has a white powder on it and smells musty. You can try getting your rabbit a different type of grass hay. If possible, weigh your rabbit every few days, so you will know if your rabbit is losing weight and how much. If your rabbit stops eating, your will need to take her to a vet. A common reason for rabbits to stop eating is teeth problems. A vet would need to check both the front and back teeth. Teeth problems can happen at any age, but with the rabbits that I have had, teeth problems usually showed up around 3 years of age.

Latest posts

Back