My rabbit sounds congested (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patomaha

Reaction score
This morning my Rex sounds "wet" with gurgly noises in his throat and chest. He makes the noise whenever he's moving around -- kind of like a child with a cold. Are there any drope, powder or medications that I can give him until I can get him to the vet tomorrow?

He is doing fine but still that sound is there so I will take him to the vet today and see what the doctor has to say. Thank you for your support

He wasn't just talking, he has a sinus/respiratory infection. Dra. Rasmussen gave him Baytril and a bacterial culture. If he's not doing better in 5 days, she'll do blood work and an x-ray. He has already stopped sounding wet.

How's he doing today?

I agree that the Baytril is a good choice.
It usually works pretty quick.

How are your other buns doing?

When you get a chance you might make a post in the Introduction section and tell us about your other rabbits and stuff.;)

~Jim
PS:
I changed the title so other members would have a better idea of the more serious issue.

Hi Jim, I appreciate you interesting.

He is doing much better, I believe the medicine is working. Thank God!!!

I will tell you more about my other Rabbits later. Again Thank you

Thank you so much for your support. Is good to have this kind the web. For me was and it is very helpful and I am glad to be part of this forum.

Latest posts

Back