Quantcast

My rabbit never licks me

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Gelly

Gelly
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 8 mos. old neutered male mini rex never shows me affection. When we first got him at 10 weeks old, he started licking me about two weeks after we got him. He would lick my knees, my hands. Then about 3 or 4 months ago, he just stopped. He never chins me, or comes up to me to lick me.

Does he not like me?

Leo the Lop

Reaction score
My rabbit won’t lick me either, but if he comes near I HAVE to pet him or he will bite me. He gets all the affection and gives none in return.

Niomi

Reaction score
A couple of my rabbits used to lick me when they were young. That behavior stopped as they got older. One of my rabbits will lick a person when he meets them. When he gets to know them, he doesn't lick them anymore.

Reaction score
My male rabbit was intact for awhile and used to lick and chin me, but he hasn’t done it as much since I had him fixed. I also did feel like the licking only occurred on sweaty parts of my body so it may have been a taste thing. He would show more affection by just laying down near me

Anna R.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rabbits don't lick me either. Only once in a great while, and only if I ask to be groomed by them. Even then it is pretty rare. I don't think it is because they don't like you. Maybe he just doesn't lick. I've noticed they will be more likely to lick when they are very young. Once they become adults they lose interest in it. I wouldn't take it personally. He may be just outgrowing it. Rabbits have lots of other ways of showing affection to you, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Latest posts