My rabbit mom died and she has 4 week old kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augustus&HazelGrace

Reaction score
I have picked up a nursing bottle that has a nipple the size of what rabbits nipples are and I am going to pick up some goat milk today. What do I need to add to the goat milk to keep them thriving. Heavy cream? I don't think they will need the colostrum beings they are 4 weeks old and were with mom up until yesterday. They are eating pellets here and there so I know they are in the transition stage but still need milk for another 2 weeks at least. I am also taking them to the vet here soon beings I don't know what caused mom to die.

If they are 4 weeks old they probably can survive without milk. When I hand fed baby rabbits I would mix heavy whipping cream and powdered KMR into the goat milk (they also did better on raw goat milk as opposed to pasteurized goat milk). I can't remember the exact formula but I think it was about 2 tbsp cream to 2 cups goat milk

I got raw goat milk, fresh from a local farm. Also, I went ahead and got the heavy whipping cream. Thank you!

Sorry to hear about your bun, hopefully kits will be alright 4 weeks is good age sure they will be fine

Latest posts

Back