My rabbit made nest in the corner of the house outside cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Areeb Faraz

Reaction score
Today morning my rabbit started pulling fur and making a nest in the corner of the room behind a curtain. i rushed and made a nest box in her cage. But she isn't using it. And insisting on her spot but it is not safe there for her. How can i convince her to make the nest, in the nest box in the cage

You might have to restrict her to the cage and rather small surrounding for a few days if you want her to use the nest there. They have quite strong opinions about the right place. If she kindles somewhere else it is possible to move the nest, but I consider that to be more of an emergency option because it can cause problems, and you would have to confine the doe for some days too, better to do it before she kindles and let her accept the nestbox.
I would put the nest and fur in the nestbox, show it to her, and confine her to the cage.

It reads like you were surprised that she built a nest, you knew she was with a buck and is possibly pregnant, that it'S not a false pregnancy, right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back