My rabbit loves the ferns we have outside our door. Is this okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hey guys, so my rabbit loves ferns. He just can’t get enough of them. I know what type of fern it is and they’re not harmful to him but I’m just wondering if he’s okay to eat as many as he wants. He’ll literally chomp a big leaf off and take it into the house whenever I open the door. I can’t ever get him to stop 🤣

He sounds like a chap, taking what he wants and then shooting off with it. I reckon it's fine for him to eat however much as long as his poops don't change to bad and he still takes any other usual foods.

He sounds like a chap, taking what he wants and then shooting off with it. I reckon it's fine for him to eat however much as long as his poops don't change to bad and he still takes any other usual foods.
Haha yeah. His poo’s don’t seem to change at all when he eats the ferns.

My momma rabbit did that once, but with a different plant. I let the bunny family group out to the side yard to run around. Momma bun found some sort of prickly weedy plant, ripped off a big leaf and took off with it so none of her bunny kids could steal if from her. It was quite comical to watch. I could tell she was eyeing them to make sure none of them came after her and her special treat.

Last edited:
My momma rabbit did that once, but with a different plant. I let the bunny family group out to the side yard to run around. Momma bun found some sort of prickly weedy plant, ripped off a big leaf and took off with it so none of her bunny kids could steal if from her. It was quite comical to watch. I could tell she was eyeing them to make sure non of them came after her and her special treat.
Haha wow. That’s funny and cute. This is the plant he goes after lmao

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back