My rabbit kept bonking my nose and nipped it

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
My bunny has never bitten me before aside for an occasional nip at my clothes. Today, I was sitting on the couch and he jumped on with me. He came up to my nose, bonked it hard like 3 times and nipped it. It actually hurt a little. What’s up with that?

When my bun does something similar, it usually means
A . Give me attention B. Feed me treats C. (Occasionally )Move out of my way or D. All of the above lol it's usually a and b together.

When my bun does something similar, it usually means
A . Give me attention B. Feed me treats C. (Occasionally )Move out of my way or D. All of the above lol it's usually a and b together.

I agree with this, except it's usually C for my buns. (They hate people or feet in their running space!)

Rabbits usually aren't malicious when nipping; it's just how they communicate with each other. Maybe try to work with him to get him to stop nipping (or at least nip less)?

No fun when they nip, but not intentional. It's how they communicate. Trixie would nip at my clothes or ankles for her reasons, and if it was bad enough, I would do a quick "YIP" squeak sound to let her know that the nipping was not ok. It took a few rounds but now she doesn't do it anymore, just a tug here and there to tell me to "pay attention" to her.

Latest posts

Back