My rabbit isn't moving much

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
My rabbit Pippa is about 9 months old and she is a dwarf lop rabbit.
She recently was desexed on Thursday, 4 June 2020. She has been fine for a couple days but I played with her for a bit and she didn't move around much. I haven't seen her eat much either. We are planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow to check on her. Does anyone know what could be wrong with her?
More info:
Pippa lives inside majority of the time but has an outside hutch where she sometimes stays during the day. She lives with her sister Buttercup, who is from the same litter. Their diet consists of oaten hay most of the time, and oxbow alfalfa pellets (they aren't 1 yet.). Pippa can sometimes be a bit aggressive, but after desexing she isn't so aggressive (which is normal), but now it seems like she is the most passive rabbit. If you pick her up, she is fine with it but seems like she's falling asleep. I live in Australia, where it is a bit cold sometimes now especially in the mornings. They haven't had any big lifestyle changes.
I'm not really sure what to think, as some of these things are normal for a rabbit post desexing.
Any help would be appreciated!

It sounds like she's still healing! Desexing can really take the energy out of them for a little while. As long as she is still eating plenty of hay and drinking enough water, I wouldn't be too worried. Maybe offer a tastier hay mixed in, just to make sure she's eating a healthy amount. You seem pretty knowledgable and aware, be sure to ask all your questions at the recheck appointment.

She's probably still pretty sore, which may account for the lazier behavior.:)

Latest posts

Back