MY RABBIT ISNT ACTING NORMAL!!! (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinny

Reaction score
I’d like if anyone would reply to this asap.
My rabbit cinnamon today has been acting reall unusual. Her head is tilted and she isn’t moving much. We noticed her eye was red and irritated and we think that’s the problem towards it. If anyone else has an idea what it is and what we should do let me know! 😥

Hallo.

I wonder if it could be something like head tilt: Head tilt in a rabbit.

Either way, probably best to take her to the vet immediately--especially if she isn't moving. Is she still eating/drinking/pooping?

Sorry to hear about this, and maybe someone with more experience will reply and offer more advice.

With the eye issue, I'd rather not think it's Head Tilt but pain that makes her tilt her head. We here cannot replace a vet, when you notice that something is off it's worth a vet visit - they are so good in hiding problems that often when we notice it's already quite serious.

She is getting worse within the few hours of this post and has only been drinking water and hasn’t eaten. She’s only been nibbling on her hay. Sadly enough we can’t bring her in since we don’t have a vet for her and the closest vet is over an hour drive.

A vet is imperative if you don't want it to get worse. Good rabbit vets by me are over an hour away. We do what we must.
I might convince someone to come with me to take her tomorrow in because most vets are closed for tonight

I am not sure if this is the right advice in this case (would be good for someone with more experience to confirm), but you could try feeding her some critical care (or mixing pellets with water to create your own mushy food) through a syringe so she doesn't go the whole night without eating--it can be vital for rabbits to keep eating so they have something in their stomachs. Otherwise they can go into GI stasis. That may help get her through the night until you can see a vet tomorrow.

Good luck finding a vet in the morning, and I hope she's okay through the night.

Aww, Sorry that you baby bun pasted. RIP and binky free

@Cinny my heart hurts for yours.
I know you tried to get some answers from us as soon as you noticed your bun not acting right.
I am so so sad to read your bunbun didn't make it, and I hope you give yourself the time needed to grieve.
Take care of yourself 💙💞

Latest posts

Back