My Rabbit Is Really Tired

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluevelvet

Reaction score
Hi , I just wanted to ask anyone if their rabbithas ever been too tired to eat ? He was fine last night when I went tobed .My cat woke me up at 4am and again at 5 meowing so Ijust got up. Floppy isn't used to being up that early, but he took histreats. He went down to his litter box and that is where he has beenall day, he usually sleeps for a bit in the afternoon in there. Hedoesn't want to eat, but did come out once and ate a little hay anddrank a ton of water. When I hand feed him his hay he eats it but fallsasleep while eating it. I just gave him the water again and he hadanother big drink, but he keeps falling asleep. If anyone knows whatthis could be please let me know, as he has never acted like thisbefore.

Carol

I would get him to the vet. I've neverheard of this before. Is he peeing and pooping normally? Could he be inGI Stasis? Is he stretched out or all hunched up? Is he grinding histeeth at all, an indication of pain? Is he eating his pellets? Anythingyou can think of to add would be great. Sorry so many questions but I'mtrying to understand what's going on.

Tina

Please get him to a vet! In addition to Tina's questions, how old is he?

I think your cat is trying to tell you something. When I was a kid Ibunny-sat for a couple of months. My cats did the same thing as yourswhen the rabbit got ill, and also when the hamsters would escape. Italways meant that something serious was going on.

He has peed in his litter box today, notsure of the poops in his litter box but where he was this morning onthe first level there was a few there. He isn't grinding his teeth atall and he sleeps in both positions sitting up and laying down. Hekeeps getting up and shifting positions in his box. He was fine lastnight running around and everything, but I noticed this morning hehadn't touched his greens which is strange because he just lovesthem.

carol

I sure will first thing in the morning. I justhand fed him hay again and he eats it as long as he can stay awake. Heisn't refuseing to eat, it just seems he is too tired to eat. Maybe hedidn't get enough sleep last night with the cat meowing, as I know Isure didn't. She doesn't know whether to come into heat or not. She isgood in the day but at night is when she will start up.

Carol

Just wanted to let you all know my baby boyFloppy didn't make it. I took him to the emergency vet last night wherethey checked his heart rate and temp. His temp was a little cold, butheart rate was normal. While waiting for the vet to come in the room ,he started making funny noises which was strange for him because in theyear I had him he had never made a sound. I picked him up and the vetcame in and took him right away. She was gone about 5 min and told mehe had died of a heart attack. They tried everything they could butcouldn't revive him. She said he never had GI stasis because hisstomach wasn't hard or extended, and the only thing she could see washe died of something genetic or he was born with a bad heart. The wayhe used to run and binky around here you would never know he had a badheart though. I am sure going to miss the little guy, since he was myonly one and probably always will be. He was such a little sweet heart.

Carol

Oh Carol I am sosorry!

I lost one of my babies to a heart attackas well, it was very painful to seeher in such pain. So Iknow how you feel :(

I will be praying for your comfort and peace.

Remember he is gone butnever forgotten.

~Amy

I'm so sorry to hear about Floppy :(

You did all of the right things and it was something that was going to happen. He was lucky to have you while he did.

Rest assured he is in a good place now...

...binkie free Floppy

Oh God, bluevelvet, I'm so sorry! :tears2:

If he's the rabbit in your avatar, I've always admired his beauty andattitude. I don't even know you or him very well, but thiseffects me more than you know.

You're in my prayers and my thoughts.

How sad. :sad:

-Carolyn

Thank-you so much everyone for your kind words.I know he is in a good place but I sure do miss him. When I got up thismorning, it seemed strange not to hear him ringing his bell for histreats. He made sure he got those first before I even got to have acoffee, he was quite demanding lol. Yes Carolyn he is the one in myavatar, he was such a funny little guy.

bluevelvet wrote:
Yes Carolyn he is the one in my avatar, he wassuch a funny little guy.

That is so sad. I've loved that little doll since the first time I saw his picture.

-Carolyn

i'm so sorry for your loss... hewasquite a cute bun.. i'm sure he was lucky to be with youfor the short time he was here..

I am so sorry you lost him -- he was a beautiful rabbit and I know you must miss him.

I will keep you in my thoughts.

Pam

angel-bunny.gif

Latest posts

Back