My rabbit is pregnant but i cant see babies????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freya's rabbits

Reaction score
Can someone help please. My 3 year old rabbit got out her enclosure and with a male rabbit who also happens to be her biological brother on 2nd April in the evening its now the morning of 3rd May and no babies but she's made a big nest and I checked she has nipples ready to nurse. This would be her first litter she was booked to be spayed this month as i don't actually breed my rabbits. I'm not sure what to do I have adopted 2 pregnant rabbits before and they both gave birth on day 31 im worried for her as I cant see any babies anywher and I don't want anything to happen to her.

Just don't stress her. Up to day 35 is in the range of "normal". Let her do her thing, give her nesting material, food, water and privacy.

If she isn't in a rather small enclosure but free roam, limit her space so she doesn't build a secondary nest where you don't want it, like behind furniture etc.

If you aren't sure if she kindled already, do a real thorough search of every small space she could have gotten into. In that case, don't restrict her space but keep an eye on her.

Just don't stress her. Up to day 35 is in the range of "normal". Let her do her thing, give her nesting material, food, water and privacy.

If she isn't in a rather small enclosure but free roam, limit her space so she doesn't build a secondary nest where you don't want it, like behind furniture etc.

If you aren't sure if she kindled already, do a real thorough search of every small space she could have gotten into. In that case, don't restrict her space but keep an eye on her.
I will check again but I couldn't find any when I searched this morning. She built her nest like 8 days ago though. Is it alright for her to stay with the two female rabbits she is bonded with its her mum and sister they've been together her whole life? Should I inform vets if nothing happens.

It can be that she isn't pregnant, the only way to be sure is to wait it out.

Well, yes, I keep my does in pairs, and this time there was a third one around when Ruth kindled, no problem so far. Their enclosure should be big enough and somewhat structured so they can go out of their way when they feel like it. My does stay away from a kindling doe, I have the impression rather confused since the doe is pretty much on autopilot then.

My setup is that each pair of does has two hutches, connected with a tunnel. If I think she needs privacy or to make sure she uses the right nestbox and not the one already in use I put a divider in the tunnel for a few hours when i see she's about to kindle.

Latest posts

Back