My rabbit is not moving or eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukaku&Onana

Reaction score
Please could anyone advice me? I am desperate and feel so helpless.
My normally agile and normal eating almost one year old male rabbit Onana is just laying in his house since almost three hours, without touching his food.
He has not done that before.
His tummy feels soft and normal and he has eaten last night and also done normal poo and urine, but now he is in this condition and won't even take a treat.
I won't be able to get him to the vet before 4.30 this afternoon (it is here 10.30 in the morning now). Is that safe? Or do I need to try to find someone to help me out so I can take him earlier?

I would be so grateful for any advice or reassurance, I feel so helpless, Onana and Lukaku are my first rabbits since childhood and I love them so much.

Thank you!

Give cc to your bunny, make him move and make him get water and food in the system.

Best would be to take him earlier to the veterinarian if you can.

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately, I can't get anything into him, he will not take it. I can make him move but only if I chase him. Should I do that? It seems so cruel. I am trying to get someone to cover for me here so I can take him to the vet but so far I can't find anyone.

Do you have a syringe, you will have to force feed him. It’s important to at least get something into him.

You can dissolve pellets in water if you don’t have cc.

I hope everythings goes well with him.

I have a syringe and I have critical care but I can't get it into him. He hates that syringe. I was supposed to give him his medicine after his neutering with it and had no success at all.

I put critical care on their paws. They don't want their paws dirty so they'll lick it off. I hope he pulls through.

Latest posts

Back