My rabbit is making strange noises

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelonBread

Reaction score
My rabbit has been okay but I went in my room and he was grooming himself. I heard him making this strange noise almost like oinking but not really. He’s still doing it and has been doing it for a good 10 minutes now. It’s constant.

Don't worry,it's probably just his way of expressing concentration and pleasure.my buck does it all the time,when he's enjoying food or grooming his mate,or grooming himself.When he first did it I thought he had some sort of breathing issue but unless they are doing it all the time,i wouldn't worry.just observe and make mental notes.

my rabbits make noises all the time. The "oinking" he is making usually starts when they reach puberty and will continue. My girl does it when she is happy or wants attention. Nothing to worry about and totally normal. He is most likely just happy.

I found that if the sound is made while grooming or getting a petting, it is how he vocalizes pleasure, but if I am trying to wash his poopy butt, or something is uncomfortable, the sound is him voicing his displeasure. So, pay attention to the context. I have had 3 bunnies and only one was really vocal.

Latest posts

Back