My rabbit is injured. Please help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marble

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here and I really need an answer to my question because I'm really worried. My rabbit jumped out of the box when I'm carrying it. (I'm about to put him to grass then so he can play when that happend) So he basically fell from about 4 feet I think? Now I think he's injured and can't bring him to a vet. He is lifting his right leg and I saw him licking his right ankle earlier so I think that's where it hurts. He is just 3 months old. Please help. Thank you.

Because I think my parents will not allow me to spend thousands for a pet that I just bought for 200php.

Hi Marble. It may not cost as much as you think, but will probably need to be xrayed. Sometimes the pain may cause other issues. If the bunny has changes in appetite and appearance and /or amount of pee or poop, this can be very serious. I do not want to stress you, but perhaps your parents might be willing to help or there might be a fund in your area or at your vet or online that can help with the cost. I don't know if maybe you have any friends who have a vet in their family. That might be helpful. Some vets are not trained to treat bunnies, so check that when you call so you do not waste time. I hope everything will be okay. Let us know how he is.

Keep in mind that bunnies are incredibly talented at hiding their pains and illnesses. Be cautious that he unfortunately may be more hurt than he appears. He likely needs an x-ray to make sure his bones are okay. Buns have crazy fragile bones, and because he is so young I would consider that.

Hi Marble. It may not cost as much as you think, but will probably need to be xrayed. Sometimes the pain may cause other issues. If the bunny has changes in appetite and appearance and /or amount of pee or poop, this can be very serious. I do not want to stress you, but perhaps your parents might be willing to help or there might be a fund in your area or at your vet or online that can help with the cost. I don't know if maybe you have any friends who have a vet in their family. That might be helpful. Some vets are not trained to treat bunnies, so check that when you call so you do not waste time. I hope everything will be okay. Let us know how he is.
Thanks I'll think about it if I can. I think there's no fund in this area for that.

Keep in mind that bunnies are incredibly talented at hiding their pains and illnesses. Be cautious that he unfortunately may be more hurt than he appears. He likely needs an x-ray to make sure his bones are okay. Buns have crazy fragile bones, and because he is so young I would consider that.
I'm also thinking about that. It's like he can't poop very well. I saw one piece of poop still glued to his anus so I took it away using plastic spoon. I think it's because of his position.

I'm really guilty about it. I shouldn't have a pet if this is only what will happen. I don't know how to take him to vet. He has no smaller cage for travelling. And I'm scared on the thought of what the vet will say for example if he needs surgery, I don't know if I can afford it. For now I am hoping and praying that he will heal on his own.

Hello Marble
Where do you live?
Maybe you can find a rescue group to help you. I think it is extremely important to get him to a vet. Hopefully it is nothing serious.all of my bunnies were. Able to jump on and off my bed and it is arptleast 4 feet off the ground.
When you get any pet you have to anticipate vet bills through the years,mostly we hope only for a checkup.
Maybe we can help you find a rabbit savvy vet in your area that would work with you to pay your visit off

Hello. Thank you for all of your responses. Fortunately, my rabbit is all healed now. I didn't get to bring him to a vet. All I did was to put him into a cage rest for about 1 week and include him to my prayers.. In between those days, I tried to put him again on our lawn to get some exercise.. Now thankfully he is extremely healed like he didn't get injured at all. IMG20190116074343.jpg

Glad he is better. Would start looking for a used small cat carrier ( good to have on hand) and wiuld keep looking online in your area for rescues and vets who treat rabbits...it is good to be prepared just in case of any problems. Very cute bunny by the way!

Latest posts

Back