My rabbit is chewing holes in her pee pad?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamsbuns

Reaction score
I'll place a pee pad outside of her potty areas just in case.
Recently she's started to chew holes in the pee pads? I'm wondering what I can do to help this behavior?
She has quite a few chew toys that she's been using and seems to like, so I'm wondering what the issue might be?
She's a 9-month-old mini lop.

Recently she's started to chew holes in the pee pads? I'm wondering what I can do to help this behavior?
She has quite a few chew toys that she's been using and seems to like, so I'm wondering what the issue might be?
If your bun is chewing the pee pads I would stop using them as it can damage their digestive system, if you wanted to use something to line your litter area you could use something like a brown paper bag, or newspapers (but the inks might leak if it gets too wet) and then use wood-stove pellets and if you wanted a layer of carefresh (or other paper based bedding) so the buns' feet aren't getting damaged, theres a video of litter materials that could be helpful, hope this helps!

101 rabbits-

also if she isn't spayed digging is a common behaviour, if she isn't spayed perhaps consider booking her in for the surgery soon

Spayed and unspayed rabbits chew. Its just what rabbits do. Like others said, just remove the pee pad. When she is spayed she will most likely only go in her litter box. My rabbit is unspayed and only goes in her litter box. Anyway, its not an issue. Nothing is wrong with your bunny. :)

Spayed and unspayed rabbits chew. Its just what rabbits do. Like others said, just remove the pee pad. When she is spayed she will most likely only go in her litter box. My rabbit is unspayed and only goes in her litter box. Anyway, its not an issue. Nothing is wrong with your bunny. :)
She is spayed and only started doing this recently.

If your bun is chewing the pee pads I would stop using them as it can damage their digestive system, if you wanted to use something to line your litter area you could use something like a brown paper bag, or newspapers (but the inks might leak if it gets too wet) and then use wood-stove pellets and if you wanted a layer of carefresh (or other paper based bedding) so the buns' feet aren't getting damaged, theres a video of litter materials that could be helpful, hope this helps!

101 rabbits-

I've tried all of this and no matter what i use she tries to eat it??

Latest posts

Back