My rabbit is acting weird! PLEASE HELP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out of this world bunnies

Reaction score
My male NZ rabbit has a runny nose and when i went outside to check on him he was laying down and his heartbeat was as rapid as a machine gun it is slowing down now and his runny nose has stopped any advice?

You also will need to keep him inside where it is cool.
THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME! He is currently inside on the cool tile :) i am glad i know what was wrong cause i hadn't been getting replies and i was worried, he is acting fine now and a minute ago even did a binky :)

You should just be aware that severe heat stroke can cause irreversible brain, heart, kidney damage, and can be fatal. It's essential to prevent a rabbit from becoming overheated so these things don't occur.

It sounds like the heat stroke that your bun experienced could have been severe, but the only way to know for sure if any damage was done would be to take him to the vet to get checked.

I'm glad he's doing better.

You should just be aware that severe heat stroke can cause irreversible brain, heart, kidney damage, and can be fatal. It's essential to prevent a rabbit from becoming overheated so these things don't occur.

It sounds like the heat stroke that your bun experienced could have been severe, but the only way to know for sure if any damage was done would be to take him to the vet to get checked.

I'm glad he's doing better.
Okay thank you!

For future reference, temps over 85F can cause heatstroke. (Temps closer to 80F can also cause it if the humidity is high.)
Glad he seems better.

I hope your bun will be allright! how hot is it and where are you? (just curious),
(I understand temp in Celsius just fine )

Latest posts

Back