My rabbit is acting really wierd. HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gopher

Reaction score
My rabbit (gopher) has been acting really wierd for the past hour and a half... He hasnt been eating his food for atleast an hour now, hes ignoring carrots. About 10 minutes ago was just thumping over and over. He stopped thumping after i turned of the Washing Machine (it was beeping) but hes still acting really wierd!

He Wont stop staring at one of the walls in my house and he has both of his ears fixed facing that way!

Ive tried giving him food water an even treats nothing is getting his attention!!!!!

He calmed down a bit after i let him snuggle up with me but hes still staring at the wall!!! Ive looked over there and theres no sign of anything!

Hes sitting with his head up but still staring at the wall!! Hes just started grunting as ive started writing this paragraph, he keeps grunting toward the wall while still staring at it!

Because he has his head up i tried putting my hand under his neck to see if it would get his attention but all he does is just stare at the wall. Occasionaly he will stil staring and look at me and lean heavily towards me but then hell just start staring again!!!

Please HELP!!!!

It sounds like he can hear something there, maybe something in the wall, and it's making him nervous. If you have another room you could take him to for a while, that's what I would try. If you can't take him to another room, maybe try turning on some music to cover up the sound of whatever is making him nervous. You'll probably have to spend time comforting him as well, until whatever it is goes away(maybe try banging on the wall to hasten it's departure).

it maybe he is hearing something..but it is possible it could be a type of seizure...i get abscence seizures.....and ones where ithrow or drop things as well as convulsive ones. our first french lop bunny developed pasturella and epilepsy and he sometimes would do that then wander off and have a convulsive seizure.
E cuniculi affects the brain many ways ...head up nose pointed in air is also a sign of breathing problems. i have lost a few bunnies to heart issues....one to pasturella seizures.....one bun with an actual respiratory infction.....they all did the head up fixed with no other moving and odd grunting noises too.

how is he now?

My rabbit (gopher) has been acting really wierd for the past hour and a half... He hasnt been eating his food for atleast an hour now, hes ignoring carrots. About 10 minutes ago was just thumping over and over. He stopped thumping after i turned of the Washing Machine (it was beeping) but hes still acting really wierd!

He Wont stop staring at one of the walls in my house and he has both of his ears fixed facing that way!

Ive tried giving him food water an even treats nothing is getting his attention!!!!!

He calmed down a bit after i let him snuggle up with me but hes still staring at the wall!!! Ive looked over there and theres no sign of anything!

Hes sitting with his head up but still staring at the wall!! Hes just started grunting as ive started writing this paragraph, he keeps grunting toward the wall while still staring at it!

Because he has his head up i tried putting my hand under his neck to see if it would get his attention but all he does is just stare at the wall. Occasionaly he will stil staring and look at me and lean heavily towards me but then hell just start staring again!!!

Please HELP!!!!
dear gopher,-sound,smell,motion,-can cause thumping and grunting,{it is a warning signal.}--when I am busy in the facility someone walks in,the thumping begins,-when someone leaves-they are back to normal..--watch for other tell/tell signs of medical problem even if it seems like a long shot-ie change in normal everyday habits.--sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium-rip

To be honest this is going to sound so dumb and I don't even care. But if you tried all the other things everyone has suggested. Him being agitated and distracted with the wall sounds like it is signaling the wall, something on it, behind it. Or something or someone you can't see is confusing him and capturing his attention. Leave it to me to say but...have you considered any history in your home that may have left a guest? A guest who maybe your bun senses and you can't... Don't want to scare you. Just saying

Please HELP!!!!
There is either something in the wall or he could be having small seizures
I would take him for a vet check.
Bunnies hearing is incredible and my bunnies stomped like crazy one night, there was a prowler outside

Latest posts

Back