My rabbit has suddenly became aggressive

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a rescued rabbit and we've had him since march. He's been a loving and gentle guy, but today he attacked my husband three times in a row. It's very strange because my husband is his favourite human. It was an aggressive attack and he bit him severly.

Our rabbit is going to be neutered in november, so we was wondering if this has something to do because he's not neutered yet.

Will he stop attacking people once he had the surgery?

How old is he? (The Rabbit :D)
I only have experience with female unneutered Rabbits and they can be "aggressive" if they are not neutered. Like biting you and trying to "ride" your arms for example :D. So if males are the same situation then I would say this could very well be the case of him not being neutered yet.

Also, I think becoming aggressive could be a sign of some medical condition as well. (Uncomfy due to stomach pain, just as an example)

Hormones possibly could be to blame. But with it being a sudden change of behavior from previously acting fine, I'm more inclined to think it's either referred aggression from your rabbit being territorial or scared, or sudden changes of behavior can also happen when a rabbit is feeling sick or was injured and they're in pain, like Ampee mentioned.

Is your rabbit kept outdoors where he could be reacting due to a predator or other animal being around, even possibly a wild rabbit? If he's indoors, any new animals or people in your place, or any recent changes? If no to all of those, then I would be looking at the possibility he's feeling unwell or got hurt somehow? Any lack of appetite, lethargy, or hiding and isolating himself, or other odd changes of behavior besides the aggression?

Latest posts

Back