My rabbit has only ever liked me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larissa

Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question, but when I first got Emma, my rabbit, from the humane society they had told me she was very skittish. I had watched her run way and hide from a calm staff member. When I came to say hi to her she came out of hiding and let me pet her. It was like immediately I knew I was "meant" to adopt her.

Then when I had a girl my age watch her for a week she had commented on how skittish she is and that she even gave her warning nips if she came too close to her. Which is very bizarre since the second I brought her home she was extremely friendly with me and has never nipped me. She follows me around, "grooms" me, climbs all over me when I'm sitting on the couch...

So to get to the point. What is up with that? Why would she only be friendly towards me, do I just smell good or something? Anyone experience this with their rabbit?

Trix used to only like me. Then she softened up on my wife.Now at 12, she likes everybody.

This may sound like a silly question, but when I first got Emma, my rabbit, from the humane society they had told me she was very skittish. I had watched her run way and hide from a calm staff member. When I came to say hi to her she came out of hiding and let me pet her. It was like immediately I knew I was "meant" to adopt her.

Then when I had a girl my age watch her for a week she had commented on how skittish she is and that she even gave her warning nips if she came too close to her. Which is very bizarre since the second I brought her home she was extremely friendly with me and has never nipped me. She follows me around, "grooms" me, climbs all over me when I'm sitting on the couch...

So to get to the point. What is up with that? Why would she only be friendly towards me, do I just smell good or something? Anyone experience this with their rabbit?

Just like other animals, rabbits can have very specific people preferences. Some rabbits do well with everyone, some only with people of certain demeanor, and some are pretty much a one person type rabbit. I've had three such rabbits, a mini rex, a mini lop, and a lilac, who dealt differently with people they didn't like. My lilac would ignore them but would relax when I held him. Our mini lop attacked me but would beg to be petted by my sister, and my mini rex would act aloof to anyone who wasn't me. Sometimes its just the rabbit's nature.

Latest posts

Back