My rabbit has black poo?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
Hello, i went out to see my rabbits before and one of my female rabbits has black poo (I think Alice), all my rabbits eat the same food and only one of them has it, so i dont know what it would be? Should i be worried? :?

What color is the rest of it? Some times the buns will get a little greenish tint if they have been eating lots of veggies, but it's normally black at my house.

I would separate Alice from the others to make sure it's she. For humans, black in the stool is a sign of bleeding somewhere before digestion is finished, so I'd be concerned if it continued with her for more than a day or 2.

tonyshuman wrote:
If the texture and shape of the poo are the same as usual, she may just be eating less hay.

This is so true in our household. Our boys poop does turn colors when they eat more greens or more pellets than hay. As long as they are all the same size and not runny, just observe.

Amazing, we are all becoming experts on bunny poop. The basics anyway. But it is what it is and bunny poop does tell a lot about your bunny.

K :)

ZRabbits wrote:
Amazing, we are all becoming experts on bunny poop. The basics anyway. But it is what it is and bunny poop does tell a lot about your bunny.

K :)
:yeahthat::litterhealthy::jumpforjoy:LOL

I wouldn't worry too much. I think it does just sound like decrease in hay.

Latest posts

Back