My rabbit has a wet nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oreofluff

Reaction score
Hi! :)
So about a week ago I noticed, that my rabbit's nose was kinda wet. I did my research, and I decided to wait a little more, because he didn't have any other problems (he breathes normal, and his nose is not wet most of the time, no sneezes). I still felt it kinda wet today, but it's only directly at his nostrils. He's still playful, happy, does a lot of binkies, so it doesn't effect his mood anymore :D
I've had him for almost a year, I didn't have a bunny before (though I had guineapigs).
I'm not sure, if I should take him to the vet, do you have any advice?
(I considered taking him to the vet, but it's far away from my home and traveling in winter can be risky :/)

I would wait and call/email the vet. If it gets worse then I would bring him in.

Hi
I had the same issue recently with my female rabbit
The vet said in some cases, it may be Pasteurella
Monitor his eyes, if they are watery this is also a sign
Not posting this for you to panic, but it may be something to look into or ask the vet.
Good luck!

Thanks for the replies! I still don't see anything different in his behavior, and he hasn't had a wet nose for 2 days. I check his eyes too, but they're looking as usual. I'll have an appointment at the vet in a couple of weeks (normal checkup), so if he won't have any problems I will not take him there sooner.

Latest posts

Back