My Rabbit has a Bacterial Ear Infection and I need some help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugie78

Reaction score
Hi guys so my senior bunny has a bacterial ear infection and is on medication right now. And so I have her downstairs in my basement cause that is where I keep her. (it's a finished basement), and my brother is playing video games down stairs yelling at his game. Would this bother my rabbit more so then usual with a bacterial ear infection or no?

Also anyone knows what causes a bacterial ear infection in rabbits?

None of this info I'm able to find online.

It depends on your rabbit, on whether the loud noise will bother her. If she looks scared or runs and hides, then yes I would say it's bothering her.

Bacterial ear infections can start in the external ear canal, like from water or debris getting into the ear canal, or sometimes a mite infection can introduce the bacteria. Bacteria can also spread from a nasal or dental infection through the eustachian tube. And then bacteria can be spread through the circulatory system in the blood, where there is a bacterial infection somewhere else in the rabbit. The links below explain a bit about ear infections in rabbits.

Medirabbit: ear infection clinical signs and treatment

https://rabbit.org/head-tilt-in-house-rabbits/

Latest posts

Back