My rabbit got wet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, today haru went inside her cage, the water from her bowl spilled alot and it was everywhere, she sat on the water and got wet, when i saw her I tried to move her and she refused. I cleaned the cage but I couldn’t dry her, i put the towel and i put veggies on top of it, and when she sat on the towel I tried to dry her but she keeps running away and she was starting to get scared so I stopped. I put the towel and the veggies on top so it would absorb the water while she eats. I took the cage outside of the room so she won’t get sick from the ac and covered the cage from the side that was close to the room door. Is that enough or do I have to hold her and force her to dry her butt?I don’t want her to get sick, but at the same time, every time I touch her, she thinks that i want to brush her or cut her nails, now I’m not allowed to touch her anywhere other than her head, she would run away and hide, and I don’t want her to feel unsafe in her home.

My rabbit flips over his water bowl a lot too, but I don’t know how to stop him. He does it a lot while I’m not at my house, and I’m scared he’ll get sick or cold. Do you know of any ways to keep him from overturning his water bowl?

Lock-a-crock dishes, i think they're called that, are also a great option. They go in a little stand that can be securely attached to any odd opening or grid space you may have, and the bowl usually twists and locks into the slit of the holder part, so no matter which way your bun flips it, it will stay right on the stand.

You could either try to switch into a water bottle which will eliminate flipping completely, or you could buy a heavy ceramic bowl as mentioned above. If you rabbit just seems to want to play, try buying him a few new toys he can toss around. I personally like to use a gravity water as they are heavy enough a rabbit simply cannot tip it!

My bun used to flip his bowl all the time; it drove me crazy! I got one of those bowls that attaches to the side of the cage, and it works well. Sometimes I use a water bottle as well in case his water bowl gets dirty, but with the bottle alone I felt he wasn’t getting enough water.

Latest posts

Back