My rabbit fell on her head

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinny

Reaction score
My rabbit fell today out of my arms well I was putting her away in her pen for the night and fell on her head, now there is a boney line feeling on her head(some of which was there before) and we aren't to sure if she needs to go to a vet or not, do you think we should bring her when we have the money? 😞

Monitor her behavior, her eating, her movements, her poo output. Is there any indication of something different? If your gut tells you something is wrong, take her in. If everything seems normal, that's a judgement call as to whether to take her in.

Also, for the future, you'll need to find another way to put her away. Carrying her is not advised for the very reason of what occurred. Scroll down on the following link for safe ways to put her back (and ways not to):
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html

Thank you for bringing this up. Hope your bunny is OK.
Have had to wrap Dutchess firmly in a towel (“bunny burrito”) and put her backwards into her hutch to prevent her from jumping.

I always pin them to my chest and release one hand at a time when I am right in front of their hutch--Cosmo, after 6+ years is used to the routine but Nick is approaching 2 and he still likes to squirm and escape--hopefully he'll settle down soon.

I used to have a long shipping box that my bunny liked to hide in. When it was time to put her in her cage I would put some kibble in the box, she would climb in and I would just lift it up gently and she would skedaddle out the end into the cage.

I forgot--I used to use a box like that too, when we had 6 bunnies--had a hole on each end and a pan inside filled with paper--I would walk around behind them til they went in the box and then pick it up covering both holes and put it up to their hutch. Used apple boxes as they have a top so it was a tight fitting 2 piece that was perfect.

Latest posts

Back