My rabbit fell back on her lower back HELP AND ADVICE

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neflaug Findlay

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

My rabbit Pixie is only 3 months old she's fairly long bunni for her age and she is a harlequin mixed with a lop ear. I decided to let her have a bit of a run around my living room she gets really excited and I keep a careful eye on her. Tonight though she had jumped up on a book I had sitting up to stop getting underneath the couch the book is less than the size of A4 but she fell on her lower back gave me such a fright. Feeling incredibly guilty I couldn't get to her on time. However immediately I checked her nothing seems out of place along her spin and after a few pets she zoomed off continuing her run about binking, hopping and jumping. Nothing seems wrong with her legs or tail movement wise. She seems fine she got a bit hungry went back into her cage for some munch then proceeded jumping and running. She's also doing what she would normally and just had a massive stretch out lie down. Just worried as I know how fragile bunnies can be. Will she be alright or should I contact the Vets. Am I just over worrying on this as so far shes acting as normal but will keep an eye on her.

Photo of her stretchy lie downs but taken at a different time20200329_204125.jpg

If she's eating and running around as normal, it's likely she's just fine. Signs of pain would be reduced appetite, lethargy, unusual changes of activity or behavior. Doesn't sound like any of that is going on.

Thank you Jenny for your response think I just got instantly worried even though it wasn't a big fall just wanted someone elses opinion so I really appreciate your reply. I just panicked there was something up but after giving her a check and nothing seemed wrong or out of place, watching her bink about and having a munch I think she is alright. I shall keep an eye on her if anything seems out of sorts but I'm sure she will be alright :)

Latest posts

Back