My rabbit died and we don't even have a body to bury

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrael

Reaction score
This is kinda just a vent, plus I'm crying, so I'm sorry for formatting I guess. Enjoy the attached photo of her, I guess.

My rabbit was my baby and my best friend. She helped me out of my depression, and I always did everything for her (treats, cuddles, playing, new hutches.. everything.) Her name is Miffy. She was only a baby, only about two years old in a few months. We usually kept her outside, which she enjoyed more than being stuck inside while I was at school.

A few days ago, I had visited her hutch to refill her food, and noticed she was missing (which is normal, we leave her hutch open as she enjoys exploring our (fenced off and safe) garden. Sometimes, she'll even escape to our neighbors house and nap in her pot plants, so I'd assumed that's what happened.

It's been almost a week, with no sign of her, and the area i live in is right across from a forest filled with foxes and large birds. I'd like to think that maybe, just maybe, she fell asleep and had a peaceful death. Part of me knows that that is most likely not true. I've spent four hours looking for her just today, and I cant even find a body to bury.

I kind of blame myself. I should have been a better owner. I should have kept her inside. She didn't deserve this. Miffy, I love you, I'm sorry you had no one to comfort you in your last hours.

Attachments

• image_2022-05-26_214917728.png
    image_2022-05-26_214917728.png
    941.8 KB · Views: 9
It is not your fault. You were a great owner to your bunny. Miffy lived a life better than quite a few rabbits these days, and I’m sure she loved you as much as you love her. Don’t beat yourself up for what can’t be changed instead remember all the good times, the ones she’d want you to remember her by.

So so sorry for your pain. She was your precious and much loved bunn. xox

This is kinda just a vent, plus I'm crying, so I'm sorry for formatting I guess. Enjoy the attached photo of her, I guess.

My rabbit was my baby and my best friend. She helped me out of my depression, and I always did everything for her (treats, cuddles, playing, new hutches.. everything.) Her name is Miffy. She was only a baby, only about two years old in a few months. We usually kept her outside, which she enjoyed more than being stuck inside while I was at school.

A few days ago, I had visited her hutch to refill her food, and noticed she was missing (which is normal, we leave her hutch open as she enjoys exploring our (fenced off and safe) garden. Sometimes, she'll even escape to our neighbors house and nap in her pot plants, so I'd assumed that's what happened.

It's been almost a week, with no sign of her, and the area i live in is right across from a forest filled with foxes and large birds. I'd like to think that maybe, just maybe, she fell asleep and had a peaceful death. Part of me knows that that is most likely not true. I've spent four hours looking for her just today, and I cant even find a body to bury.

I kind of blame myself. I should have been a better owner. I should have kept her inside. She didn't deserve this. Miffy, I love you, I'm sorry you had no one to comfort you in your last hours.
Please know this, 2 years is a wonderful long life. No matter what we all know this day will come eventually, I bet she’s looking down on u where ever she is and thanking you for all the love you gave her, say farewell to Miffy. You gave her the best life you could. I’m so sorry..

It was not your fault. you did a great job. Keep looking, is she fixed? She could be making a nest somewhere
Jesus is the son of god, he came to protect us all, so no matter what that bun is somewhere, in a happy place..

Are you in an area where someone may have posted Found Rabbit? Or can you post Lost Rabbit with her photo?

She sounds like a sweetie and there is a very good chance someone kept her for themselves (inside). If you post a lost bunny note in the area, mention she will NEVER be outside again! Hope she is returned to you soon. Good luck!

She sounds like a sweetie and there is a very good chance someone kept her for themselves (inside). If you post a lost bunny note in the area, mention she will NEVER be outside again! Hope she is returned to you soon. Good luck!
that kind of happened with someone I know. Her cats ran away and people kept them

My daughters Ex broke into her apartment, destroyed a lot of stuff and took her bunny--she found it at the Animal Shelter and the Police took care of him after they talked to the shelter people and got a positive I.D. I came home after a well check to find a bunny on my front lawn--she came right up to me when I called. It was a neighbors rabbit and when I asked where it had gone (they kept in a cage in their back yard), they told us that a friend had taken it--Liars, they just turned her loose, so we kept her and she lived with us for the rest of her time.

Latest posts

Back