My rabbit broke his nails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampee

Reaction score
As per the title

My male bunny broke his nails, it was bleeding. Now the bleeding stopped. The nail is still there so probably not ripped off completley just "bent". Anything I should do?
(As I have stated aug 17 will be a vet visit so at least there I can let the vet know and have a look at it)

I really can't see the injury only that the nail is bent. He licks it, but it no longer bleeds.
298898604_576475944124119_4110879987424667628_n.jpg

Last edited:
As long as it's not bleeding or causing problems for your rabbit, I would just wait for the vet appointment, since it's only in a few days.

As long as it's not bleeding or causing problems for your rabbit, I would just wait for the vet appointment, since it's only in a few days.
Yeah, no bleeds since (touch wood). I will do that, tomorrow it is.

Back from the vet:
The nail was no longer present on the Bunny. The whole nail broke. Nothing do, it will grow back.

The exact same thing happened to my girl on Sunday except it was the dew claw on her front paw. It bleed a little but stopped after about a minute. I had prepared to take her to the vet on Monday morning but woke up to no nail and her bouncing around like nothing ever happened. I’ve been keeping an eye on it but so far, everything is good.
Nail injuries are common but that doesn’t make it any better when our little angels get hurt. 🤗💖

Latest posts

Back