My rabbit been acting different since getting him back

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zr0x

Reaction score
I got my rabbit when he was 3months and he's two this year and as far as I know my rabbit very lazy and doesn't like being outside, picked up or having his feet touched but loves getting petted.

He's usually gets two half cup from day to night and water changed once or twice a day and his litter checked to see his health so when when I left for a trip with parents and siblings he was given to a place that take care of rabbits and I gave the pellets with the amount he gets and with his blanket. That was 9 days ago and he's been with us for 3 days since then I've noticed he's not eating his usually amount especially with water so I haven't changed it at all for those three days ofc I add little more pellets in case it did get low but there wasn't much change and I checked today that his poop has gotten smaller now since the first day we got him. My father assumed it's the stress from being away from home I was agreeing cause lately he runs up to us for more frequently pets but he also does binky around his cage running around so idk but I'm worried about his eating everything else he does is just his normal self. I don't want to give him more stress if that what it is cause the place was suppose to cut his nails but he threw a fight so I have to do it and I know he hates that.

Changing locations can be stressful for rabbits, so you're probably correct about him being stressed. I couldn't follow what you meant by "He's usually gets two half cup from day to night" -- could you explain that more? I assume you're referring to pellets. Do you mean half-cupfuls and he gets 2 of those per day OR do you mean he gets two and one half cups? Measuring cup or feeding cup?

Also, does your rabbit get hay? There was no mention of hay but hay is the best to get his poos back to normal.

Please be sure to update your location on your profile per
REMINDER: Be accurate with location on your profile

Changing locations can be stressful for rabbits, so you're probably correct about him being stressed. I couldn't follow what you meant by "He's usually gets two half cup from day to night" -- could you explain that more? I assume you're referring to pellets. Do you mean half-cupfuls and he gets 2 of those per day OR do you mean he gets two and one half cups? Measuring cup or feeding cup?

Also, does your rabbit get hay? There was no mention of hay but hay is the best to get his poos back to normal.

Please be sure to update your location on your profile per
REMINDER: Be accurate with location on your profile
I apologize he only gets half a cup which is his pellets twice a day as for Hay that's unlimited and it's usually in his litter which he's been eating and since we left I haven't set up the extra bowel of hay that's usually out and I only noticed today change in the poop so I'll be doing it later when I get the chance but thank you for your answer now I have some relief.

Latest posts

Back