My perfect boy...gone bad.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killertheturtle

Reaction score
Ok...so my flemmy, Bruce, has always had perfect litterbox habits. He did not poop or pee anywhere outside the box since I have got him last year. All of a sudden, he started peeing in this one spot in my bedroom. One of the first things he does it go there and pee. If I shoe him away, he pees while I'm shoeing him.
He is about 15 months old and he is neutered.
Any ideas of how to stop this?

Here he is, just because I love him so much<3
DSC03036.jpg

WOW - the likeness to my Tinyboy is incredible....

Here are some things to think about:

• Are there other rabbits in the house that might have peed there?
  • Is that the ONLY spot where he's peeing? Have you treated it with vinegar to get the scent out?
  • Does this behavior happen all the time? Only if he's upset?
I would possibly have his urine checked by a vet to see if maybe he has a hidden infection and is trying to let you know.

Also - have you done anything to change his litterbox? New brand of litter? Moved his litter box? Is another rabbit using his litterbox?

Just some things to think about...

My Tiny would pee where he shouldn't pee - but it was mainly territorial...

Peg

Wow... I am speechless. Peg, you are a much stronger woman than I, andI cannot tell you how much admiration I have for you...

As for ideas...

First of all is it that one particular area? If it is, try cleaning the area properly with vinegar or those enzyme sprays they sell at the pet shop. If possible, you may want to put a litterbox in that area and see if the bun would use it instead. :)

MsBinky wrote:
Wow... I am speechless. Peg, you are a much stronger woman than I, andI cannot tell you how much admiration I have for you...
For folks who may be reading this and wondering - we lost our flemish giant "Tiny" almost 5 weeks ago.

Here is a picture of him - so you can see the resemblance.

I have some photos of him where he looks more like Bruce....but this one really shows his ears and why folks mention that.

Tiny was just over 3 years old.

Peg

Thanks guys -
He pees there everytime he comes out and my other bunnies do not pee in that spot. They leave territorial poops around Bruce's cage and Bruce does not go there. And there have been no changes in litter or anything really.
I will try to clean it really well with vinegar tomorrow to see if that helps and if it does not, I will take him to the vet.

I am really sorry if his picture upset anyone...
Especially you, Tinysmom. I just do not think I have ever posted a picture of him, so I thought I would because he is so cute.
I will delete it.

Hey, we celebrate Tiny! Having a look alike is awesome. A bit of sadness, obviously, but more joy, believe me. :)

Is there a reason why you can't put a litter box in that spot? That's how Pipp trained me. Her litter box is where SHE decided it should be. (I have afew). ;)

sas :bunnydance:

killertheturtle wrote:
Thanks guys -
He pees there everytime he comes out and my other bunnies do not pee in that spot. They leave territorial poops around Bruce's cage and Bruce does not go there. And there have been no changes in litter or anything really.
I will try to clean it really well with vinegar tomorrow to see if that helps and if it does not, I will take him to the vet.

I am really sorry if his picture upset anyone...
Especially you, Tinysmom. I just do not think I have ever posted a picture of him, so I thought I would because he is so cute.
I will delete it.
Oh hon....please do not try to delete the picture. I was so tickled that you shared it.

Yes - it made me shed a couple of tears. But it really blessed me to see Bruce....to see that look on another rabbit's face.

I'm so happy you have Bruce and I really hope you'll find the time to start a blog of him and your other rabbits so I can continue to see his pictures......

Please - don't feel bad that his picture reminds us of Tiny....I just wanted to explain in case some of the newer folks might wonder why we were in shock.

I'd never seen a picture of Bruce before....

Peg

I'm so glad you guys wrote that - I was going to reply that I don't think anybody meant it like that, and she shouldn't feel bad...but I am not around here that long and didn't know if that was my place.

This is a really great place, all of you people are just wonderful.

Latest posts

Back