My parents couldn't be bothered to call me on my birthday :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsterz09

Reaction score
Well I think I've left it long enough! As every one knows today is my bday and you'd think that my parents to whom I'm there only child (which, they struggled to have due to my mum having a lot of complications) that they'd call me!
However it's now coming up to 11pm and still nothing! I know that they are on hol with my nan but they called me every other year and called me 2 days ago so, the phone does work!!! Besides if their mobile had broke or something their is payphones and the hotel phones (there still in the uk!). I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset I feel like they've forgotten about me or that they don't care, obviously having too much fun on their holiday to the same place they go every year!!!!!
Thing is it was my grandma's birthday on Sat when they went and they called her!!! and to think I always take the time out to call on theirs!!! and always get meaningful gifts! and this is how I get repaid!
How could anyone do this to their kid!!!!!!! :cry2:cry1:

How hurtful :(

My daughter's boyfriend's parents didn't phone him on his B-day or send a card (he lives across the country). I'm glad we sent a card to him and remembered his special day.

Bless you on your birthday. :pink iris:

Pam

If they're travelling (and anywhere near as scattered as I am), they may not even know what day it is. ;)

They may have limited windows of opportunity, or having a few crises of their own. I'm sure they wouldn't want to call if they were grumpy from the inevitable travel glitches and/or the often hectic scheduling. (Holidays can be hard work). ;) Its hard (and not polite) to call from museums, restaurants or even friends' homes.

And their phone may have worked two days ago but not today. Calling from a payphone isn't all that easy, you'd at least need a calling card, and calling from a hotel can be ridiculously expensive, they may have opted to be off by a day not realizing you'd be upset.

(I was going to call my sister on her birthday a week or two back and opted to call the next day instead because I thought she'd be out celebrating with friends).

I'm sure there's a good reason!
But happy birthday from RO, anyway! :party:

sas :pink iris:

I don't know, you see they go every year when it's my birthday and they've managed before. They are in the Isle Of Wight (it's a tiny place in the UK only 22 miles wide lol! and with not a lot to do when you've been there that many times lol!) which, they have gone to for the last 16 -17 years, staying in the same hotel they have stayed in for the last 3 years which, is owned by a guy who is now one of their best friends who, I would of thought would be only too obliging to let them use a phone for free if they needed to. Also there is three of them (my nan is there too) and they all own mobile phones so, at least one should work! I really can't think of a reason unless something happend to them and then I would of thought I would be notified about it.
I guess it's just that I am annoyed because If I don't call them for any reason i.e on birthdays or if I've been told to call someone and forget or for some other reason, I really get it in the neck and they won't let me live it down or stop nagging me till I do it.

TinysMom wrote:
Um....Happy Birthday from us?

Ditto. Happy Birthday from us!!!

I don't talk to my mom at all and I rarely talk to my dad. So I know it isn't a good feeling when your parents don't call you on your Birthday. If you need someone to talk to, my PM box is open.

Happy Birthday!!!!

Amy27 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Um....Happy Birthday from us?

Ditto. Happy Birthday from us!!!

I don't talk to my mom at all and I rarely talk to my dad. So I know it isn't a good feeling when your parents don't call you on your Birthday. If you need someone to talk to, my PM box is open.

Happy Birthday!!!!

My mom never forgets. Every years we see who calls earliest. She is Sept 28 and I am Oct 1st.

My dad...the last b-day he remembered...my 17th...He threw $20 in my face and said other than child support not to expect anything. Mind you he barely ever paid it. :DMy 16th his than gf/my stepmom bought my gifts with her welfare money.

Sorry they didn't call. Happy Birthday

Thanks everyone you are all so nice and supportive on here, I just needed to get it off my chest. I was shocked and confused because they'd said in the bday card that they'd call me and also before they went. It left me thinking had they forgot or was worried that something had happened to them. I at least wish that they had sent me a text, so if they didn't want to call me for any reason then, at least I would of known that they were ok and I could of called them instead, instead of waiting till 10.30pm hoping they might still ring.

Latest posts

Back