My New Zealand's foster babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCWelch

Reaction score
As you know my New Zealand doe lost her newborn litter on Friday the 13th of January. My Californian/New Zealand cross doe gave birth the same day and I brought the babies indoors because it was so cold. On the 3rd morning of returning them to the mom to feed, the mom proceeded to throw them about the nest box and her cage. Since I had already been allowing Pinky, my New Zealand doe to feed them in the evenings, she at that point got full feeding rights. The other mom does not get them at all and they are 100% Pinky's responsibility to feed now. They are gaining on an average of 1 oz per day.

01132012591.jpg

Here they are day 1

01182012595.jpg

Day 4 some have a hint of color

01192012599.jpg

01192012598.jpg

Day 6 You can definitely see colors starting to come in!

Dad is a NZ White and it looks like I will have some with the Cali markings and some that are solid white. Needless to say, my NZ mom is happy!!!

Congrats on the babies but sorry for your loss. I'm glad they are growing fine and it sounds like Pinky is a good and happy momma

She feeds them twice a day and happily takes to them! I have them indoors during the day and night and then they go out to her while I do chores.

Latest posts

Back