My new Rhinelander

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korr_and_Sophie

Reaction score
Yesterday I brought home a new rabbit. He is a Rhinelander and about 3 months old. He doesn't have a name yet as I need to find the perfect name for him. He is pretty sweet, but scatter brained (which I am sure it pretty normal for a young boy). He has already jumped 3 poles in hopping, so hopefully he will do well with that. He is already 4.4 pounds and is expected to be around 8-10 full grown.

298612_10151243594052174_1581682062_n.jpg

68710_10151243594632174_2113215771_n.jpg

He is a gorgeous bunny! I saw a picture last night and had to show my boyfriend because I adore him. It kind of went like this "HONEY HONEY HONEY!! Look at this gorgeous bunny!!! HONEY!" and he looked over and said "yeah, it's really cute" lol... I never get the excited reaction I'm looking for but at least he also acknowledged he was cute.

Also I never thought large bunnies were able to jump so high but Phoenix has also proved me wrong.

Anyways, best of luck with your new addition :)

I think that with the new pictures that he is even MORE beautiful than before. :) Do you have a picture of his cage for us??? I am just wandering what you keep your rabbits in. Also, are you going to try bonding him with any of your others?

He is in a 2X4 NIC cage. There is a big run attached, but he doesn't have full access to that yet.

I don't have plans on bonding him and don't really have anyone to bond him too as my other singles are both intact bucks.

Not sure about his ears. I have heard that it can be due to dehydration (he is drinking lots), heat (the house is not hot) or stress. It is also kind of common with large breeds. I will see how he does and if the ears go all upright again.

Aw I love rhinelanders :) The blues just got passed at the last convention!

Ah who kids I love all running breeds :D

Beautiful! :biggrin: A Rhinelander was a candidate for adoption up until I found Teddy Bear. She was really pretty, too. I like those sleeker breeds, they're gorgeous.

It turns out he is only 11 weeks, the breeder had the wrong date. His birthday is July 19.
His ears are back to being all the way up, so I guess it was just temporary.
I had him out with a jump last night and he was doing 4 poles easily. He can't do more until he is older, but I think he will be able to go higher without a problem as long as he doesn't get too lazy.

Latest posts

Back