My (new mama) rabbit is a little too calm

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee-hoop-0u

Reaction score
So my rabbit I’m very close with her and every single day when I wake up I go give her some salad and such and she runs towards me today she didn’t yersterday she was fine and now she’s eating yes i don’t know she’s not as excited as normally she would be. My rabbit always comes near me to be pet and everything but ever since this morning she’s been sitting in her litter box not doing anything and looking sleepy. Gave her a big bowl of salad and her favorite veggies she ate them but looked depressed while doing it. Even when I took her in my arms she didn’t try to get put down and usually every single time I pet her she licks me and she didn’t!!! I’m very scared because why is she acting like this??*picture is her sitting in her litter box right now* *and she had babies 9 days ago*

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 8
So my rabbit I’m very close with her and every single day when I wake up I go give her some salad and such and she runs towards me today she didn’t yersterday she was fine and now she’s eating yes i don’t know she’s not as excited as normally she would be. My rabbit always comes near me to be pet and everything but ever since this morning she’s been sitting in her litter box not doing anything and looking sleepy. Gave her a big bowl of salad and her favorite veggies she ate them but looked depressed while doing it. Even when I took her in my arms she didn’t try to get put down and usually every single time I pet her she licks me and she didn’t!!! I’m very scared because why is she acting like this??*picture is her sitting in her litter box right now* *and she had babies 9 days ago*
I’m sorry to hear this maybe a expert will help you out there is a lot of knowledgeable people on here does she still have all babies with her ?

It sounds like she isn't feeling well. There is a chance there could be something seriously wrong, possibly in relation to her giving birth(eg. low blood calcium from nursing). If she isn't feeling and acting normally now, I would highly urge getting her checked by an experienced rabbit vet right away.

https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
Yes I went to the vet about 3 hours after I wrote that they told me she had a fever and an infection in one of her milk ducts so for the next 2 weeks she has medication and I need to hand feed the 9 kits so she doesn’t give them her infection… lots of work in front of me

I’m sorry to hear this maybe a expert will help you out there is a lot of knowledgeable people on here does she still have all babies with her ?
Yes I went to the vet after writting that and they told me she had a fever and one of her milk ducts had an infection so from now on she has medication and I need to hand feed the kits but thank you anyways

Yes I went to the vet after writting that and they told me she had a fever and one of her milk ducts had an infection so from now on she has medication and I need to hand feed the kits but thank you anyways
Glad you found your answer hope she’s better soon good luck with the babies !

Latest posts

Back