My new bunnies.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Well i think that most of you knew that i waslooking for holland lops and i got them today. :)The lady Samantha brought them to me in Little Falls And she lives inBemidji thats almost 2 hours away. Well i was sooohappy. Shes the nicest lady. Well herethey are.

This is my little holland doe. I think shes about 9 weeks oldi didn't get pedigrees yet as her printer broke. Right beforea big show. She is a broken tort.

HLDoe.jpg

Well here is a American Fuzzy Lop but both of her parents are fullholland lops but somewhere way back in the gene the fuzzy got in andshe gets fuzzys every once in a while. Her color is brokentort and i beleive shes almost 12 weeks old.

AFLDoe.jpg

Well here is a picture of the two of them.

AFLandHL.jpg

Well here is the Little Buck that I got. He is about 10 weeks old and is a solid tort in color.

HLBuck.jpg

Well there are my little buns. I don't have names yet i'm trying to think of some. LOL

Robert

Very cute! Remember that the AmericanFuzzy Lop is a different breed than the Holland Lop. A wooledHolland is still a Holland. The texture and bodytypes of the Holland vs the American Fuzzy Lop are different.

Many breeds carry that pesky wool gene. It took about 20years to breed the gene out of New Zealands, but the wooled gene stillcommonly pops up in the Lops and Beverens.

Pam

Hello PAm, I think that she said it wasAFL that was in them but maybe i will question her. It prollyis just the wool jean then but actually her ears are a little shorterthan the others? Do you really think she maybe a trueholland?

Thanks very much Robert

pamnock wrote:
Verycute! Remember that the American Fuzzy Lop is a differentbreed than the Holland Lop. A wooled Holland is still aHolland. The texture and body types of the Hollandvs the American Fuzzy Lop are different.

Many breeds carry that pesky wool gene. It took about 20years to breed the gene out of New Zealands, but the wooled gene stillcommonly pops up in the Lops and Beverens.

Pam
Pam, I think I'm still "fuzzy" ha, ha, onthis issue! Do American Fuzzy's look different than Hollands that arefuzzy? Are they simply mistakenly called American Fuzzy's by people whodon't know any better? Aren't all Am. Fuz. fuzzy but it's kind of amistake of sorts to end up with a fuzzy holland? I refer to Sebastianas a Fuzzy Lop....is there even such a thing?

I'll have to take a new close up ofSebastian and post it for you to see. His new coat is so differentsince he was sheared. It's really pretty though. His ears and feet arevery dark, almost grayand his nose too. Then his head isbrownish. The coat is kind of silky and long on his face and feet andgets fuzzier on his body. His under coat is cream. You can see what Ialways called guard hairs in dogs, coming through. In a way he lookslike a fuzzy, part-time-lop-eared, brownish Siamese coloredbunny!;)

roberts_rabbits_2008 wrote:
Hello PAm, I think that she said it was AFL thatwas in them but maybe i will question her. It prolly is justthe wool jean then but actually her ears are a little shorter than theothers? Do you really think she maybe a trueholland?

Thanks very much Robert

If the rabbit was produced by 2 purebred Hollands, then it is apurebred Holland with wool, not an American Fuzzy Lop. FuzzyHollands generally have less guard hairs in the coat, which isundesirable in the American Fuzzy Lop -- in fact the very soft coatthat is common in the fuzzy Holland is a disqualification in theAFL. Hollands are posed sitting up on the showtable, American Fuzzy Lops are not. AFL were developed fromHollands, but are now a separate breed.

Fuzzy Hollands should not be referred to as Amercian Fuzzy Lops, as they are not registerable as such.

Pam

Latest posts

Back