My new boy Sparky!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliceBunny

Reaction score
I would like to introduce my new bun! I've had him a couple weeks now and he's just amazing, I love him so much. He has such an amazing personality and his favorite activities include climbing on people, licking hands, and tossing the dog toys across the room! His name is Sparky because it's tattooed inside his ear and I thought it would be silly to rename him something else lol

I love Alice and her stubborn personality but I can also already tell me and Sparky are going to become very close friends because he has such an affectionate and intelligent personality. The only thing he draws the line on is nail clipping which is unfortunate because his nails are terribly long and very sharp :rollseyes

I hope that soon I'll be able to neuter Sparky and by spring I can start the process of attempting to bond him and Alice together :)

Now for the pictures! (And don't worry, he didn't get to eat that whole carrot in the photos! I was just using it to gain his trust the first few days we were together!)

He sure is a cutie. He sounds like he has such a wonderful personality too.

I'm pretty new to rabbit forums. I noticed your rabbit was tattooed in the ear. This is the second time I've read about allusions to tattooing rabbits ears. I plan to have my two baby Flemish bunnies micro-chipped...wasn't aware of tattooing them. Pretty sure my babies would not like to be tattooed!!

Last edited:
I'm pretty new to rabbit forums. I noticed your rabbit was tattooed in the ear. This is the second time I've read about allusions to tattooing rabbits ears. I plan to have my two baby Flemish bunnies micro-chipped...wasn't aware of tattooing them. Pretty sure my babies would not like to be tattooed!!

Tattoos are given for several reasons. There are tattoos for show rabbits that identify the rabbit/breeder. In Australia when you have a pet desexed they get a mandatory ear tattoo (can't remember which ear), and when you get a pet microchipped you also have the option to have their other ear tattooed. This is on the off chance your rabbit goes missing, and then whoever scans for a microchip doesn't find it, if they see the tattoo for a microchip they'll keep searching for it till they find it (because sometimes they move under the skin).

Bandit has both ears tattooed, they were both done under anesthetic when he was desexed, as my vet recommended that was when I get his microchip done too as he was still quite small at that stage.

Yes, my rabbit was bought from a breeder who produces show rabbits and rabbits for others to use in their own breeding programs. My particular rabbit is a pet but when they are born she tattoos the left ear of all of her bunnies. In order to show a rabbit they must have a left ear tattoo (this name or number is used in pedigree to track the ancestry of the rabbit as well). To register your rabbit you need to get a right ear tattoo as well. I'm not sure of
The details, and this is just in the US :) it's a very standard proceedure and doesn't harm them.

Latest posts

Back