My Mom Won't Let Me Spay My Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitzTheBun

Reaction score
I brought my rabbit to get neutered but turns out she's a girl. When the vet was giving her back they said that spaying is really risky and that it's not worth it. I told her that my bun could get uterine cancer but she said that she didn't want to be worrying about my rabbit dying during the operation. I want what's best for my rabbit but she's not having it. Does anyone know how to convince her?

The vet did you a favor by letting you know that they aren't comfortable proceeding. For vets without enough rabbit experience it is risky. If you can find a rabbit-savvy vet or a vet that specializes in exotic animals, that would be the way to go.

In the US the house rabbit society website has a list of rabbit savvy vets. Perhaps there's something similar where you live.

Find a more experienced vet. Where I neutered my bucks they had experience with males but not females. So they never handled female rabbits because they aren’t experience enough. Instead I go to another vet for the girls when spaying even though it cost a lot they are the best for spaying and have a lot of experience to handle female rabbits.

The risk will be lower for your bunny to pass away during operation when the vet knows how to do it.

Latest posts

Back