My mini rex seems smaller than avg...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
My 7 mos old male mini rex is 2.2 pounds. He’s so cute and I don’t really care but I’m curious if that’s smaller than avg.

That mini rex seems veery small. Is he still growing?

Could he be mixed with another breed?
Maybe a netherland dwarf? We got him from a sweet woman who has been breeding for a long time. His fur is totally rex. I'll link a picture. The vets don't seem concerned but he's so tiny, I had to come on here to ask.IMG_1410.jpg IMG_9276.jpg

Are you sure the scale was accurate? Sometimes scales can have problems with weights that small if they were meant for bigger things/rabbits. From the pictures it looks like a healthy and average sized mini rex to me (for comparison, 2.2 lbs is about what a netherland dwarf usually weighs). But his structure also looks pure mini rex to me, as far as I can tell

Maybe a mixed breed with netherland dwarf, there are rexed fur netherland dwarf bunnies. But they often look more like mini rexes than netherland dwarfes.

He’s at least really cute [emoji5]

Maybe your bunny also a runt. My own but a netherland dwarf weighted 1.1 pounds at 1 year old and he was the runt of the litter.

Are you sure the scale was accurate? Sometimes scales can have problems with weights that small if they were meant for bigger things/rabbits. From the pictures it looks like a healthy and average sized mini rex to me (for comparison, 2.2 lbs is about what a netherland dwarf usually weighs). But his structure also looks pure mini rex to me, as far as I can tell

So he’s 8.5 mos. old now and weighs 2.8 lb. we just had him weighed at the vet. Does this sound like a more normal weight for a mini rex? The vets said his muscle and body distribution look great and that he’s just pretty small.

Latest posts

Back